WA included with PD-170 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old January 6th, 2004, 05:10 AM   #1
Major Player

WA included with PD-170

Saw B&H has a PD-170 item with wide-angle attachment included, and it has its own hood.

Wonder how the performance is?

I got some cheapy WA attachment once and it was CA galore, yuk! Never venture that route again.

But since this WA came with the PD-170, plus it has its own hood, be real sweet if it works w/o any CA.

Anybody has one?
Law Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2004, 04:58 PM   #2
Trustee

Sony wide angle adapters are very good quality.

CA, never heard that one?????????
Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2004, 05:03 PM   #3
Major Player

Well, you probably know this, but for those who don't, CA stands for chromatic abberration, usually in the form of "purple fringing" on the edges.

The cheapy WA I had look so bad, it is like looking thru a fish bowl.

My question is, Sony's expensive WA, and Century Optics, all htese expensive ones, do they give you the focal length change with the picture retaining pretty much the original quality, i.e. as if it is w/o the WA attachment?

After my experience with the cheapy WA, I have a lot of doubt, may be I should not.
Law Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2004, 05:31 PM   #4
Wrangler

I have Sony's expensive 58mm WA attachment for my VX-2000. It's quite nice all the way through the zoom range as far as I can tell. I shot some test charts long ago and really couldn't tell much difference in resolution with and without the adaptor. I assume this is the one they include with the PD-170, but not sure. The only downside is that there are no filter threads on the front.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion