Capturing Slides at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old January 14th, 2004, 03:39 PM   #1
Registration incomplete -- contact admin

Capturing Slides

I have about 450 slides that I need to add to a project that will be outputted to DVD. I will be attempting to use a VX2000 and a lightbox. I have already discovered that I can't zoom in enough and was hoping that someone here may have had success with this in the past. Is there a lens/filter that would mount on the VX2k that would let me get in tight enough. I was hopong to avoid the scanning route.

Thanks for any help.

Mark
Mr Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2004, 05:51 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Have you thought of using the Nikon scanner, if it is all possible to rent one or use a friends.

http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=98
Sharon Fraats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2004, 05:55 PM   #3
Wrangler

Not certain what you mean when you say it won't focus close enough. The PD150 and VX-2000 will focus down to the surface of a UV filter ring on the lens. Probably down to the front lens surface.

At that point, the field of view is just about as wide as a 35mm slide.

The zoom has to be nearly full-wide for this to work. You can zoom in only a little bit.

Use a small aperature to increase the depth of field until the entire slide is in focus. I say this because I doubt that the lens has an entirely flat field of view.
Old January 15th, 2004, 02:21 AM   #4
Registration incomplete -- contact admin

Thanks Mike, I over looked the aperature ajustment and sure enough I can now focus perfectly into the slides. Much appreciated.
Mr Ready is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion