VX2100 Resale with Greg Winter Audio Mod? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Closed Thread

Old April 18th, 2009, 08:46 PM   #1
Major Player

VX2100 Resale with Greg Winter Audio Mod?

Hi

I am thinking about stepping up to a Sony Z5U or Z7U cam, and I'm toying with the idea of selling my VX2100. I love that camera! I may just need the money to go towards the upgrade. It's not very worn. The thing is I have it modified with the Greg Winter audio mod, which removes ALL the his, but requires a line level mixer to appreciate that. Otherwise it works as usual with the on-cam mic. I have photos on the link below. It has (not included) the Sound Devices MixPre (modified to attach to camera) attached and it stays on all the time because it's a hastle to remove. This baby records DAT quality audio. I use it for TV commercials, and Live Music. It's cleaner than any camera out there with this mod.

Chad's VX2100 Pix

I also have a Century/Schnider Optics .65 Wide Angle adapter (bayonet mount so it just slips off-no screwing) that I pretty much leave on all the time.

Anyway, I'm thinking about 2,000.00 for the whole thing.

Does that sound fair?

Chad
Old May 1st, 2009, 09:42 PM   #2
Tourist

the vx2100

hey, i saw on your post that you are selling the sony vx2100. Is it still up for sale? If so does it come with the audio mod, microphones, and the headphones?

thanks for your time
Spencer Maxwell
Old May 2nd, 2009, 12:52 AM   #3
Major Player

It's not for sale yet. I was looking for feedback as to it's worth seeing that it has the mod. And no, it's just the camera. I'm waiting until I get my EX1 in a couple of months.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 06:52 AM   #4
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Johnson View Post
It's not for sale yet. I was looking for feedback as to it's worth seeing that it has the mod. And no, it's just the camera. I'm waiting until I get my EX1 in a couple of months.
Ok, well if you are going to sell it and lets say I buy it from you, I have no intentions to use the mod so you can keep it. Also, once you do sell the camera will you include chargers, batteries, etc...
Old May 2nd, 2009, 12:42 PM   #5
Major Player

Hi Spencer.

The mod is something that is done permanently to the camera. You can still use it with the on-board mic. But if you ever want to run external mics you need a line level mixer. I would indeed include the batteries, as the EX1 I want uses different batteries. The charger I have Is multi-battery size, and only has an adaptor that fits the VX batteries, but the camera charges batteries anyway. So I'm keeping my charger. With the size of the batteries I have never used one up in a single day anyway. The battery says 700 minutes when it's charged!

Anyway, I'll post here when/if I sell. I think you can find a stock VX2100 for cheaper if you look around. I want to sell for 2,000.00 because of the mod that eliminates all the hiss on the stock model. I bet you can find a stock model for 1,500.00 on ebay.

Take care.

Chad
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:50 AM   #6
Tourist

If you decide...

Hi Chad, are you interested in selling the Century/Schnider Optics .65 Wide Angle adapter?
They are getting like hens teeth and I would certainly be interested in making an offer for it.
Cheers

Lee
Old May 5th, 2009, 10:46 AM   #7
Major Player

Hi Lee

If I do end up selling my camera, yes the century WA will be for sale too. Probably for 300.00, and it is not scratched at all. The thing is - when I wrote this post inquiring if people thought 2,000.00 was fair for a Moded VX2100, I had just about enough for one of the HDV cams I mentioned. As my research progressed I decided to go tor the Sony Ex1, which is 6,100.00, plus all the extras. So it's going to be a while before I can save up another 2-3 grand to get there. Also I'm going to the dentist for the first time in many years, so I fear there may be some money to pay out for (yuck) my health. You can blame the government for not giving us free health care....

So I'm sorry for maybe jumping the gun and getting people excited, I was just inquiring as to the value of the cam, not saying it was for sale yet. I'll be sure and post here when I'm ready with EX1 in hand. Chances are it will be 3-4 months.

Chadfish
Old May 6th, 2009, 07:26 AM   #8
Obstreperous Rex

Post to Private Classifieds when ready -- keep for sale items out of the camera boards. Thanks,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion