The VX and videoconferencing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old February 16th, 2004, 06:39 PM   #1
New Boot

The VX and videoconferencing

Members,

I was first looking into the TRV 950, then the GL2, and now I have been doing some research on the VX2100 and I am impressed, outside of the size, but since I am disabled (I broke my neck when I was 17) I can always throw it in my backpack. Anyway, one of the main pros that I liked about the 950 was that I could use it for videoconferencing and streaming. I found out that the GL2 had issues with low light, and since I do a lot of wrestling matches with a single spotlight over the center of the mat good low light is pretty much a must. My question: can the VX be used for videoconferencing and streaming?

Jim
Jim Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2004, 09:06 PM   #2
Wrangler

You are not clear about the input requirements for your videoconferencing system. The 2100 puts out S-VIdeo, composite video, a DV stream and left and right audio simultaneously. If your system accepts one of those inputs, then it will work.

Same I/O with the other two cameras you mentioned.
Old February 17th, 2004, 06:38 PM   #3
New Boot

It should work with Apple's iChat AV, if you happen to have an Apple computer running OS 10.3 or higher. I believe it should work with AOL's new Instant Messenger for windows too, but I'm not fimilar with that. iChat works over Firewire.
Jon Cyr is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion