DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/)
-   -   Sony new HDV camera (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/23078-sony-new-hdv-camera.html)

Dave Campbell March 17th, 2004 02:22 PM

Sony new HDV camera

Okay, was getting close to getting the PD170, then I see this today.

http://www.sony-europe.com/PageView....=1079021485605

Guess will have to wait for NAB to see how much it costs.

Dave

Graeme Nattress March 17th, 2004 02:29 PM

Looks rather nice. I notice it's 1080i capable, and 3CCD. It looks rather funky with, is that an LCD panel on top? Sure looks like it's going to be a fun NAB.

Graeme

Lou Bruno March 17th, 2004 03:10 PM

Can't find anything about 3-ccd. Could you direct me to that-I am getting old, grey. senile and blind :-)

<<<-- Originally posted by Graeme Nattress : Looks rather nice. I notice it's 1080i capable, and 3CCD. It looks rather funky with, is that an LCD panel on top? Sure looks like it's going to be a fun NAB.

Graeme -->>>

Dave Campbell March 17th, 2004 03:12 PM

Hanover, 17 March 2004 – Sony will demonstrate its prototype HDV format camcorder with a 1080i specification at the Sony booth at CeBIT 2004, providing a glimpse of a world of high-definition video technology. The demonstration will herald the fact that Sony plans to introduce a new camcorder, display and video editing equipment based on the brand-new HDV format. When the technology becomes more widely available on the market it will be possible to enjoy shooting and editing high definition video with all the benefits of this new format, most notably its very high picture quality. The establishment of the HDV format was jointly announced by Sony, Canon, Sharp and Victor Company of Japan (JVC) in September 2003. HDV is also supported by seven other leading technology companies at present, including companies producing non-linear editing software.

HDV is a new HD VCR recording standard which uses MPEG-2 compression, and is based on DV tape, the major consumer digital video format. The HDV format can record and play back at a higher picture quality on the same DV cassette using the same tape speed and track pitch as DV. As the compact sized and affordable DV tape format is widely distributed, the new HDV camcorder will have a ready supply of recordable media available when it ships.

The first HD digital terrestrial broadcasts started in Japan in December last year and the opportunity to experience these high quality pictures is expected to expand across the world. Sony is a pioneer in the field of HD recording with its launch of the “Blu-ray Disc Recorder”, the world’s first high-capacity Blu-ray Disc based recorder, which has the ability to record high-definition TV programmes. Simultaneously this expansion in the recording and playback of HD broadcasting will drive the need to shoot video in HD high picture quality. Sony is therefore developing a HDV camcorder to meet the demand. In parallel, Sony sees a non-linear editing HD technology for VAIO PCs as one of the solutions to address such growing demand. When these products are introduced onto the market, consumers can not only watch HD video but also shoot, edit and create it. Sony is offering several HD compatible flat screen televisions incorporating WEGA Engine™. Now with the demonstration of its prototype HDV camcorder at this year’s CeBIT, Sony will enter the HDV world and will bring life to a vision of what is to come in the future of home video entertainment.

Dave Campbell March 17th, 2004 03:14 PM

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=380389

Graeme Nattress March 17th, 2004 03:19 PM

It says "3CCD" in on the camcorder itself, on the high res picture provided.

Graeme

Brian Huey March 17th, 2004 04:03 PM

But check out the focus ring in that pic!

Mike Rehmus March 17th, 2004 04:23 PM

The operative sentence in their announcement is:

"When the technology becomes more widely available on the market "

Dave Campbell March 17th, 2004 04:33 PM

Mike, are you saying Sony will not introduce at NAB?

Dave

Mike Rehmus March 17th, 2004 11:32 PM

That's the way I read it. I have no insight though nor insider information. That means I could be wrong.

If it were going to be ready for NAB in one month, why not ceBit? Announce does not mean available, just announced.

They announced the 2100/170 in Europe first.

Kevin Lee March 18th, 2004 12:43 AM

At flubbing last.

Finally.

It has been a weary journey.

Hugh DiMauro March 18th, 2004 01:25 PM

They blacked out all of the pictures of this "ghost" camera.

Shawn Mielke March 18th, 2004 05:59 PM

I can wait a year, myself.

David Gomez March 18th, 2004 07:28 PM

Hmmm, Do you think XLRs are on the right since the tape loads on the left? That would be awesome!

Who cares about 24P when coming to HD? That is not even an HD standard!

Mark Grgurev March 18th, 2004 08:39 PM

I remember reading something about this cam and they described it as looking like an HDV version of the PD170. Then I looked at the mic and it sorta looks like a VX2100 mic. I think this cam maybe the HDV version of the VX2100. There is probably gonna be a DVcam version with more audio controls, too.