VX2100 lay off to tape problem--HELP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old June 26th, 2009, 04:21 PM   #1
Tourist

VX2100 lay off to tape problem--HELP

Hi there:

I am trying to lay off my program to a mini dv tape on my Sony VX2100 from my Mac Pro (using Final Cut Pro/firewire). The camera does not see the incoming signal and I cannot see anything on it's viewfinder window.

I used to do lay offs to the VX1000 and it worked.

But I don't know how to record to tape to the VX2100.

I followed the directions in the Sony manual... and put the power switch into VCR mode instead of camera... but then what do I do to record. I also made the prescribed adjustments in the menu settings. What do I do after I put the camera in VCR mode... do I press record? What is next?

Also there is no way to see the incoming signal via firewire. Please help me---I need to lay off two shows by Monday.

Thanks,

Yvette

Mac Pro 2.2.8 GHZ Core Intel Xeon with 8 gigs of ram
Final Cut Pro with latest updates
Yvette Torell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2009, 07:33 AM   #2
Tourist

have you tried...

Hi

I normaly put the camera into VCR mode, select the sequence and use Edit to Tape from the FCP File menu, it all just fires up from there. Hope this helps

Lee
Lee Patterson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion