Sony Warranty automatic? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old April 1st, 2004, 12:33 PM   #1
Wrangler

Sony Warranty automatic?

I was going through my paperwork for my PD-170 and couldn't, for the life of me, find any registration/warranty card. It had the green warranty card though no section to fill out and send in. Does Sony not require you to send in registration for their limited warranty? I just found it odd beings every other camera seems to have this paperwork that needs to be filled out and sent. Am I missing something? If there isn't any paperwork to fill out to register/warranty it....is there a place online I have to go?
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2004, 02:33 PM   #2
Wrangler

It is my understanding that companies must honor their warranties as long as you can produce a copy of the sales invoice and you didn't buy a grey market product. I believe this was part of a broad ranging consumer protection act passed during the 1970's. But perhaps someone else has more info on this...
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2004, 02:37 PM   #3
Major Player

Glen, I didn't see a warranty card in my PD170 either. Just my Mack warranty which I completed on line. When I sent my Canon in for warranty service they just needed a copy of the sales receipt as proof of the purchase date.
Rob Easler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2004, 04:27 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I just went through a TRV-950 exchange under warranty.

The only thing required is a copy of the original invoice and a Serial number that designates the unit as a US model.

It is not required that the unit be purchased at a Sony authorized dealer, although, in my experience, that is highly recommended.
Canon Elan
Canon AE-1
Canon Z-135
Yashica Mat124G
Mike Sanchez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion