DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/)
-   -   Ordered a Porta Brace DV Organizer (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/25281-ordered-porta-brace-dv-organizer.html)

Ray Saavedra April 28th, 2004 02:46 PM

Ordered a Porta Brace DV Organizer

Just ordered a Porta Brace DV Organizer for my PD170 model # DVO-2/CR3. I spoke with Porta Brace sales and they told me that it's coming out of production this Friday.

I know we got great sponsors here but I ordered mine from enggadget.com, 800-747-0686. Speak with Deann Boone and tell them Ray Saavedra sent you. She's a great gal. Porta Brace will drop ship it to me.

Ray

Ken Tanaka April 28th, 2004 02:55 PM

I've been looking for these new bags, Ray, but I've not been able to find them anywhere yet. They look like promising schlep-alls.

Ray Saavedra April 28th, 2004 03:10 PM

Ken,

I know what you mean. I had to get another bag and this was the one I wanted. My Kata is just too small. I've looked everywhere also and finally broke down and called Porta Brace again. They were going to sell it to me but at a regular retail price of $269. Some how the person refer me to Deann which they been doing business for quite a while. Give her a call and tell her Ray sent you. She'll give you a good price. I already told her that she might be getting lots of calls from this forum.

Ray

Paul Chun April 28th, 2004 03:39 PM

Ray,

What was the price that you paid for the DV Organizer with shipping? Just curious.

Ray Saavedra April 28th, 2004 03:48 PM

Sent you an email.

Ray

Paul Chun April 28th, 2004 04:03 PM

Ray,

When you get your bag, can you report back to us and let us know how much room the bag actually has and how roomy it is with the PD170 in it? I'm looking for something that will hold my PD170, wide angle adapter, ME66, some tapes, batteries, and maybe 50 to 100' of XLR cables and some adapters.

Thanks.

Ray Saavedra May 6th, 2004 09:21 PM

Paul,

I just received my DV Organizer from Porta Brace and this bag has plenty of room. It looks like you could put 2 camera inside. This is what I have inside so far. I have my PD170 with the WA lens and ME66 attached. Yes, my ME66 attached. Cords and charger, 10 tapes, manual, Warm Cards, original and F960 batteries. My Sennheiser EW100 Evolution kit , extra battery and my 2 MD recorder. That's what I have so far and there is plenty of room left. I don't have that long of a XLR cable but there's plenty of room for that. The dimension is 18"L x 10"W x 10"H.

Ray

Paul Chun May 6th, 2004 10:03 PM

Ray,

Thanks for the update! Looks like my next purchase will be this bag. I need something ASAP. Thanks for posting.

Glen Elliott May 7th, 2004 06:25 AM

Great- appreciate the info. I've been looking for this bag as soon as I saw it on PortaBrace's website. Checked with B&H first but no luck. Do you have to "email" people the price? If so drop me a line- I'm seriously considering ordering one. My portabrace is a bit small, though it's the one made for the PD-170 and the like. I want something that will fit it with my ME66 and some other accessories like my UWP-C1 wireless system etc. Plus I don't like the way it zips open...it's a slit that you have to manually widen to pull the camera out. If I'm not mistaken the DV organizer has a flap that unzips and folds over (like a Kata) leaving the bag wide open without using an extra hand to widen the bag while removing the camera.

So yeah- drop me a line Ray and let me know the costs. Heck if you sell enough of them maybe the'll hire you as marketing director...lol

Ray Saavedra May 7th, 2004 10:23 AM

Glen,

lol, No, I don't work for them in fact it was my first time buying from enggadget. It's just that she was nice and pleasant to talk to. I did try B&H about a month ago. But all they told me was "we don't have it don't know when we getting them". So that was that.

I don't know the rule of putting prices up on this forum but since I already did it on another post here it is. I got it for $229 plus $15 shipping. Drop ship from Porta Brace.

Ray

Mike Rehmus May 7th, 2004 03:22 PM

If B&H doesn't have something listed on their site, just call their 800 number. They'll get it for you.

Ryan Koo May 10th, 2004 08:49 AM

They're up at B&H now (although not in stock yet), $250. Not a great discount..

Glen Elliott May 10th, 2004 09:40 AM

$250? Looks like I'll be ordering from where Ray ordered.

Ryan Koo May 10th, 2004 12:44 PM

How good is this case for airplane travel, in terms of size and protection? Thoughts? Will it fit in an overhead bin?

Ray Saavedra May 10th, 2004 08:48 PM

It's sturdy enough for a hand carried but not sure if it will fit the overhead bin. The bag dimension is up above.

I was looking at the bag last night and it look like it will fit the overhead bin.

Ray