Sony VX-2100: Interlaced or Progressive? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old May 25th, 2004, 06:26 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony VX-2100: Interlaced or Progressive?

DV noob here.
Does the Sony VX-2100 video in interlaced or progressive scan?
Also, this either need to be captured a certain way?
Any tips suggestions appreciated.
Ray Echevers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2004, 07:01 PM   #2
Major Player

Shoots in interlaced. Does have a 15fps progressive mode good for stills unless you are looking for a motion blur effect to your footage. I would stick with the normal interlaced footage and possibly de-interlace in post if you are going for that effect. A big tip would be to read all the posts here on the forums. All topics are covered more than once. Have fun with the VX and read the owners manual a few times as well.
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2004, 07:14 PM   #3
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Matt Stahley : Shoots in interlaced. Does have a 15fps progressive mode good for stills unless you are looking for a motion blur effect to your footage. I would stick with the normal interlaced footage and possibly de-interlace in post if you are going for that effect. A big tip would be to read all the posts here on the forums. All topics are covered more than once. Have fun with the VX and read the owners manual a few times as well. -->>>I'm not really looking for that effect. Thanks for the response. I have been looking through a bit, nice forum, good info in here. And don't worry about the manual, i'll definetly read it more than a few times. I usually always read the manuals on every electronics I buy. Even PS2's and Gameboy's, stuff no one reads!
Ray Echevers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion