Comparing my new VX2100 to my PD170 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old July 14th, 2004, 10:24 AM   #16
Trustee

Tom, what are you saying can't happen? Say I'm in all auto mode. So are you saying that if I were in a dark room, with the custom preset to limit gain to 12 dB, and the iris is at maximum open, that if the room got brighter, that the iris would not close down *before* the gain would be reduced? You're saying that
if the room got brighter, that the gain would always move *prior to* the iris?
Dave Largent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2004, 11:23 AM   #17
Wrangler

I believe that is what he/we are saying. Say if your in all auto, in a dark room which requires the iris to be completly open and a gain of +12. Now the room gets brighter and the camera adjusts to the extra light. If you immediatly turn off auto exposure- and go inspect what setting it was currently on when in auto mode it's technically impossible for there to be gain without the iris maxed out at it's widest aperature. The gain settings only begin AFTER "open" is selected.

If the camera does, indeed, do what your saying there should be a marked SHIFT in exposure as soon as you unlock the auto exposure....beings it's snapping from a stopped down iris WITH gain....*something impossible to achieve with manual settings.
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2004, 01:13 PM   #18
Trustee

Well, Glen, that might be an interesting test. Perhaps
I'll try it and get back with what I find.
Dave Largent is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion