New User at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old July 16th, 2004, 01:08 PM   #1
New Boot

New User

Hey gang. I just graduated from the ranks of the 1 chippers to the real world. I just bought a brand new VX2100 and am so totally stoked over the quality, I am just chomping at the bit to shoot some footage.

Just wanted to stop by and say hey. I edit with Pinnacle Liquid Edition and run the Pinnacle Users Group in Charlotte North Carolina.

Always looking to trade tips and ideas. I have a ton of video on my website at www.browneweb.com. Just click on the Streaming Video link.

I guess my only gripe is... why didn't Sony include the dam USB port so that we can dump the pix from the Memory Stick. Fortunatey I have a Sony Mavica FD97 which will let me transfer the images but still... that was a real skimp on their part.

Later....
Old July 16th, 2004, 01:13 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey Andy,

I'm also pretty new here, and like you, just bought a new VX2100. And as well, am very happy with the quality.

And I know what you mean about the lack of a USB port. I actually have another Sony camera too to transfer from, but it's just so annoying.

* plays violin *

Oh well. Anyways, welcome to the boards =)
Stephen Sawchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2004, 01:58 PM   #3
Major Player

Doesnt the 2100 come with the memory stick reader? Personally I never use the memory stick in my 2000 but the camera did come with the sony USB stand alone reader.
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2004, 02:04 PM   #4
New Boot

Matt... it comes with a cheesy 8mb Memory Stick but no reader. The show it as a $60 accessory intheir marketing literature that comes with the camcorder.
Old July 17th, 2004, 01:42 AM   #5
Major Player

Wow I wonder what made them decide not to include it with the new series of cams?
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion