Found a cheap VX2100 is this price to good to be true?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old July 22nd, 2004, 07:53 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Found a cheap VX2100 is this price to good to be true??

I found this site online royal camera
http://royalcamera.com/sondc3ccdmin.html

That price seems way low, just wondering if anybody has bought from this site before?? or is this a scam or something. Any info would be awesome thanks.
Kyle Kauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2004, 08:02 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I'd be oh so careful when you find a deal that's too good to be true. If you can meet up, inspect the goods, get a progressive scan shot of the seller and hand over the money after close inspection, then I'd say go for it. Otherwise remember that if it's too good to be true it's 99% certain that it isn't true.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2004, 08:54 AM   #3
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Tom Hardwick : if it's too good to be true it's 99% certain that it isn't true. -->>>

Interesting that you allow for 1% of deals which really ARE too good to be true ;-)

What is it about the human condition whereby people just won't let go of the idea of getting something for nothing? Is it perhaps just another form of greed? Here at DVinfo we strongly encourage you to support the companies that support us: http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors/index.php They offer good value with service to back it up.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2004, 09:13 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks I also found a website reviewing all kinds of camera site and the feedback for it was horrible thanks.
Kyle Kauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2004, 09:14 AM   #5
Major Player

If you ever have a question about a seller, check their ratings on
www.resellerratings.com

Here is the direct link to the reviews for Royal Camera.

On a scale from 0 to 10 they have a whopping .46 from the people who reviewed them.

Here are some of the highlights for you from reviewers:

"DO NOT ORDER FROM ROYALCAMERA.COM. THEY ARE RUDE LIARS. THIS IS A SCAM."

"Would not buy. Strongly recomend to stay away."

"A real bunch of cons in my opinion."

"Liars...Plain and Simple."

"I contacted the FBI fraud Division .... This company is horrible. Please help me take them down. "

"They are a Fraud, they send nothing."

Hopefully that was enough to convince you that it may just be too good to be true.

STAY AWAY from these types of places. If a price it significantly lower than market value, you will probably get ripped off.

So, instead buy from the reputable dealers that support this great site that just kept you from throwing 1300 dollars down the toilet.
:)

-Luis
Luis Caffesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2004, 10:16 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Yeah that's what i found too, there's no way I'm buying from them.
Kyle Kauss is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion