DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/)
-   -   WD-58 lens hood? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/3034-wd-58-lens-hood.html)

Matt Stahley August 5th, 2002 09:14 PM

WD-58 lens hood?

i have the canon wd-58 for my VX and was wondering if there is a lens hood for this lens??? or any way of attaching filters for it has no threads???

also i noticed canon has an XLR box for the GL2 (ma-300 i believe) could this possibly be used on the vx2000?

Chris Hurd August 5th, 2002 09:55 PM

Canon is now offering a lens hood for the WD-58 adapter. Purchased separately, it's about $40 or so. The adapter cap fits onto the hood, a nice touch.

Sorry, but none of Canon's Advanced Accessory Shoe (AAS) options, including the MA300, are compatible with the Intelligent Accessory Shoes on the VX2000, PD150 or other Sony camcorders.

Matt Stahley August 6th, 2002 02:14 PM

thanks!
does anyone have a photo link of this hood attached???
ive been looking but cant seem to find one

Marco Leavitt August 6th, 2002 06:44 PM

Lens hood

Where can I buy this thing?

Chris Hurd August 6th, 2002 07:17 PM

What it looks like:

http://www.dvinfo.net/media/wahood.jpg

Where to buy:

Any of our DV INfo Net sponsors who are authorized Canon dealers, such as ZCG, Zotz Digital and Pro-Tape. Hope this helps,

Matt Stahley August 6th, 2002 08:01 PM

chris
thanks for the photo link!!!!! and as always this is a very helpful site!

thanks again!
matt

Tom Bolia April 7th, 2006 02:55 PM

This is an old thread, but maybe someone can still help?

I just bought a .45x WA lens adaptor for my Sony PD150, and I had to remove the hood. Does anyone know where I can get a hood that will cover the WA lens? I want to keep the lens on there all the time because it's such a hassle to continually remove it and put it back on.

The same for the Sony DSR-250. I got a 2x lens adaptor for that and need a hood on it, too.

Thanks for any help! :o)

J. Stephen McDonald April 9th, 2006 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Bolia
This is an old thread, but maybe someone can still help?

I just bought a .45x WA lens adaptor for my Sony PD150, and I had to remove the hood. Does anyone know where I can get a hood that will cover the WA lens? I want to keep the lens on there all the time because it's such a hassle to continually remove it and put it back on.

The same for the Sony DSR-250. I got a 2x lens adaptor for that and need a hood on it, too.

Thanks for any help! :o)

Some photography shops have boxes full of used accessories like lens hoods, filters, step-rings, etc. that are usually very cheap. I've found many rubber hoods in such places, that were just the right size to slip over the end of a telex or WA, that had no mounting threads in its outer barrel. Sometimes, I've slipped the rubber part off a metal or plastic rim, to allow it to fit. Some black duct tape, neatly applied, has held them in place, without being very noticeable. The type intended for repairing leaky radiator hoses, is the best.

Tom Bolia April 9th, 2006 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J. Stephen McDonald
Some photography shops have boxes full of used accessories like lens hoods, filters, step-rings, etc. that are usually very cheap. I've found many rubber hoods in such places, that were just the right size to slip over the end of a telex or WA, that had no mounting threads in its outer barrel. Sometimes, I've slipped the rubber part off a metal or plastic rim, to allow it to fit. Some black duct tape, neatly applied, has held them in place, without being very noticeable. The type intended for repairing leaky radiator hoses, is the best.

LOL... thanks for the black duct tape tip, Stephen. I think I am not going to leave these adaptors on for now, because the WA is almost like a fish-eye,with severe curvature and clipped corners, and the TELE is like looking through a tunnel. I probably need to get better quality adaptors before I search for the lens hoods. Thanks again. :o)

Nate Fields August 17th, 2006 02:10 AM

if i did not get the official one what is the size of the hood?
i was going to guess 72mm lens hood