WD-58 lens hood? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old August 5th, 2002, 09:14 PM   #1
Major Player

WD-58 lens hood?

i have the canon wd-58 for my VX and was wondering if there is a lens hood for this lens??? or any way of attaching filters for it has no threads???

also i noticed canon has an XLR box for the GL2 (ma-300 i believe) could this possibly be used on the vx2000?
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2002, 09:55 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Canon is now offering a lens hood for the WD-58 adapter. Purchased separately, it's about $40 or so. The adapter cap fits onto the hood, a nice touch.

Sorry, but none of Canon's Advanced Accessory Shoe (AAS) options, including the MA300, are compatible with the Intelligent Accessory Shoes on the VX2000, PD150 or other Sony camcorders.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2002, 02:14 PM   #3
Major Player

thanks!
does anyone have a photo link of this hood attached???
ive been looking but cant seem to find one
Old August 6th, 2002, 06:44 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Lens hood

Where can I buy this thing?
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2002, 07:17 PM   #5
Obstreperous Rex

What it looks like:

http://www.dvinfo.net/media/wahood.jpg

Where to buy:

Any of our DV INfo Net sponsors who are authorized Canon dealers, such as ZCG, Zotz Digital and Pro-Tape. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2002, 08:01 PM   #6
Major Player

chris
thanks for the photo link!!!!! and as always this is a very helpful site!

thanks again!
matt
Old April 7th, 2006, 02:55 PM   #7
Regular Crew

This is an old thread, but maybe someone can still help?

I just bought a .45x WA lens adaptor for my Sony PD150, and I had to remove the hood. Does anyone know where I can get a hood that will cover the WA lens? I want to keep the lens on there all the time because it's such a hassle to continually remove it and put it back on.

The same for the Sony DSR-250. I got a 2x lens adaptor for that and need a hood on it, too.

Thanks for any help! :o)
Tom Bolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 10:23 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bolia
This is an old thread, but maybe someone can still help?

I just bought a .45x WA lens adaptor for my Sony PD150, and I had to remove the hood. Does anyone know where I can get a hood that will cover the WA lens? I want to keep the lens on there all the time because it's such a hassle to continually remove it and put it back on.

The same for the Sony DSR-250. I got a 2x lens adaptor for that and need a hood on it, too.

Thanks for any help! :o)
Some photography shops have boxes full of used accessories like lens hoods, filters, step-rings, etc. that are usually very cheap. I've found many rubber hoods in such places, that were just the right size to slip over the end of a telex or WA, that had no mounting threads in its outer barrel. Sometimes, I've slipped the rubber part off a metal or plastic rim, to allow it to fit. Some black duct tape, neatly applied, has held them in place, without being very noticeable. The type intended for repairing leaky radiator hoses, is the best.
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 10:27 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Stephen McDonald
Some photography shops have boxes full of used accessories like lens hoods, filters, step-rings, etc. that are usually very cheap. I've found many rubber hoods in such places, that were just the right size to slip over the end of a telex or WA, that had no mounting threads in its outer barrel. Sometimes, I've slipped the rubber part off a metal or plastic rim, to allow it to fit. Some black duct tape, neatly applied, has held them in place, without being very noticeable. The type intended for repairing leaky radiator hoses, is the best.
LOL... thanks for the black duct tape tip, Stephen. I think I am not going to leave these adaptors on for now, because the WA is almost like a fish-eye,with severe curvature and clipped corners, and the TELE is like looking through a tunnel. I probably need to get better quality adaptors before I search for the lens hoods. Thanks again. :o)
Tom Bolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 02:10 AM   #10
Regular Crew

if i did not get the official one what is the size of the hood?
i was going to guess 72mm lens hood
Nate Fields is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion