Help with VHS capture at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old August 13th, 2004, 10:46 AM   #1
Tourist

Help with VHS capture

I'm trying to capture a short VHS tape into Sony Vegas 5 through my Sony VX2000 as i have done many times before with different VHS tapes. This is a tape of a ride at an amusement park where they have a wireless camera up in the little cage you ride in and sell you a VHS of the faces you made while riding. The quality is very poor, I think because of it being from a transmitted wireless feed. Anyway, the tape plays fine in the VCR and the picture, although bad, shows up consistently on the TV screen, but all I get is gray in the LCD of the VX. Every 10 or 20 seconds I get a little one or two second section of the video but it just won't show up consistently to capture via pass-thru or even record onto DV. I can't imagine that this tape has copy protection on it as it was just made on a standard consumer-looking VCR, but why would this play on the TV and yet I cannot get the picture to show up consistently in the LCD viewfinder or in the V5 capture window? I've tried different VCR's, different cables, and even two different VX2000's but no luck. Other VHS tapes that are even worse looking capture fine. Anybody have any suggestions?
Mark R Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2004, 12:40 PM   #2
Wrangler

It may have very bad sync and you may have to play it through a Proc Amp to clean that up.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion