Broadcast Quality at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old September 1st, 2004, 10:33 AM   #1
Wrangler

Broadcast Quality

The August 2004 issue of DigitalTV magazine, a publication targeting broadcasters of Digital Television had this to say about Sony and the PD150-170 cameras:

Editor's introduction:

"DVCam is the most popular tape format of all time."

"You can use a Sony PD-150 and PD-170 DVCAM camcorder on a network news show. . . regularly."

Article, " Analog rides the Digital Bus," is about the three buses ABC has outfit to cover the election.

"Field production is conducted on DVCAM with two Sony DSR-PD170 camcorders."

www.digitaltelevision.com
Old September 6th, 2004, 05:42 PM   #2
Trustee

interestingly enough, one of the major national broadcasters here is running with the line ' small camera's big stories'. their promo features a variety of dv's (notably pd's and smaller canon's).

the doco's, those that i've seen are well produced and very interesting (which should be the two deciding factors in all productions - not what camera was it shot on!).

fact is, i' regularly shoot for tv here with my 170, and with a bit of basic lighting (i use 2 300w 'video lights' i found in a junk shop years ago), i can produce pretty damn good pics.

i come from 30+ years in the industry and having semi retired - am finding a new life and great demand with my 170 and vegas....

as i written, taught, preached for 30+ years (yes, i remember this when it was all green fields...), it's content that matters, not technicalities...

leslie
Leslie Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2004, 03:05 PM   #3
Trustee

<<<-- Originally posted by Leslie Wand :
as i written, taught, preached for 30+ years (yes, i remember this when it was all green fields...), it's content that matters, not technicalities...
-->>>

Amen to that, Leslie. Can't agree more!

Carlos
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2004, 05:29 PM   #4
Wrangler

That's not the point, the point is that the broadcast networks who eschewed digital and NLE until very lately, now field LOB cameras and run computer-based NLE.

The three main goals in video has always been content, content and content.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion