Traces of Light at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old September 2nd, 2004, 06:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Traces of Light

I posted this question on camcorderinfo.com and wanted to post it here also. I am still a little green when it comes to the manual controls of my VX2100 but I am still curious when it comes to creating some great tricks of the camera. I recently saw a video where the shot was taken at night above a city and a highway system. In the clip the vehicles that drove on the roadways would leave trails of light that looked really cool. My question to this group is how would I go about manually setting my VX2100 to reproduce these kinds of shoots?
Gabriel Selmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2004, 07:09 PM   #2
Warden

I doubt you could get the effect you're after in camera. It was probably done in post, with computer animation.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2004, 08:59 AM   #3
New Boot

Headlights and taillights will almost always leave trails at night, especially if you set the speed bellow 15. I would think it would be easy to do.
Stephano Athens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2004, 08:48 AM   #4
Go Cycle

SIMPLE.......set your shutter speed to your desired effect via rear shutter control.....I use 8.

ALSO.......via your AE in the back......you can use the low light icon that appears as a candle.

Always use a TRIPOD!

Old September 5th, 2004, 03:54 PM   #5
New Boot

<<<-- Originally posted by Jeff Donald : I doubt you could get the effect you're after in camera. It was probably done in post, with computer animation. -->>>

sarcasm noted
Stephano Athens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion