fluorescent lights and white balance - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old May 30th, 2006, 06:50 AM   #16
Regular Crew

I never saw any other replies to this thread, so I will ask again... to bump it up.

Someone was telling me that the PD-150 is supposed to have a function on it that allows me to get the same rate as the fluctuating flourescent lights. I would imagine this would be similar to trying to shoot a television set, and adjusting the camera settings to avoid the horizontal "black bar" on the set. Is it merely an adjustment of the shutter speed, or is there a special function that would allow me to fine tune the "flicker phenomenon" out?

I was informed that a last resort would be to use incadescent lighting to replace the flourescent ones. Any advice would be great. Thanks. :o)
Tom Bolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2006, 07:36 AM   #17
Major Player

I already answered the question before: you can't adjust your camcorder for this problem. Adjusting for a CRT screen (clearscan) only matches the shutter speeds (duration) to the frame duration of a computer (CRT) screen. For the fluorescent problem you would need to change/lock the field (frame) frequency (60/59...) of yr camcorder to the mains frequency, and this is never possible/allowed, because it would fool the video NTSC standards
Andre De Clercq is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion