VX9000 / DSR200 / DSR250 various topics - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old April 19th, 2003, 02:56 PM   #76
Major Player

sorry try this

http://194.7.100.75/manuals/3858185131.pdf

Beware ***PLUGGER-BYTES***
John Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2003, 03:19 PM   #77
Major Player

Joihn do you have a manual for the NTSC English version?
Old April 20th, 2003, 06:59 AM   #78
Major Player

sorry......

Beware ***PLUGGER-BYTES***
John Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2003, 07:30 AM   #79
Warden

This is the English and French manuals inPDF and this is the manual inGerman PDF.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2003, 10:21 PM   #80
Major Player

Jeff these are for the VX9000E which is the european PAL version, looking for the NTSC English version VX9000
Old May 2nd, 2003, 06:02 PM   #81
New Boot

DSR 250 Tape Loading Worry

I am hoping someone can put my mind at rest following an incident that occurred when I used my Sony DSR250P for the first time.

As I do not have a DV Cam video recorder I set the DSR250 up to record DV SP mode. However, rather than use dv tape, I have always used full size DV Cam tape in my VX9000 DV video camera. Naturally, I assumed I could use the full size DV Cam tapes to record on DV SP mode on the 250, given that the tape is the same as DV, albeit, supposedly better quality.

Unfortunately, this does not appear to be the case, as when I switched on the camera, in VCR mode, and inserted the tape and closed the compartment, I heard what I thought was the tape going through its loading process, albeit, I did think, a rather long process.

However, after a period of time I heard a few bleeps, which I assumed were an error code. I looked into the viewfinder and noted the error code, C-------- and the eject symbol. I then opened the tape cover and the tape self ejected.

I assume that what I thought was a long loading process was the tape attempting to eject, reload, eject etc? I tried loading another tape, however, this time I did not fully close the compartment lid, after another long loading type process the tape self ejected. No error message this time, I assume because the compartment lid was open.

After this I thought it may be related to the machine being set to record in DV SP mode, and that it wanted a DV Tape. Consequently I set the DSR 250 to DV Cam mode and reinserted a DV Cam tape. It loaded fine. So it would seem that the 250 will only work in DV SP mode if you use a DV Tape, strange, and NOT apparently mentioned in the hand book.

My real concern, it has really upset me, is that during the repeated loading type process which resulted in the error messag, I may have damaged my new camera. What do you think?

Thanks for any advice.
Allan Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2003, 07:23 PM   #82
Wrangler

There are not, to my knowledge, any cassette coding devices which would tell the camera what type of tape is loaded. Other than mini vs full-sized.

I have run miniDVCam tape in my PD150 without problem but that does not necessarily extrapolate to full-size tapes in my DSR-300.

I have read postings on other forums where people use the full-sized DV tapes in DVCam recorders. Certainly my DSR-20 or DSR-300 have no warnings about this.

Furthermore, the camera/tape manufacturers are usually quite careful to mechanically disallow the loading of a harmful tape into a transport.

I doubt that you have damaged anything.

Call Sony's hot line support at Sony Business Solutions & Systems Technical Emergency After Hours Support (ERS)

For Emergency technical assistance for Broadcast Products after hours, on weekends and Sony holidays, call the Emergency Response System

Phone: (408) 435-8910 if you want after-hours support. Otherwise wait until Monday and call

Sony Business Solutions & Systems Technical Assistance Network (TAN)

Telephone support for technical / repair of Sony Business Solutions & Systems Products.
Hours of Operation: 8:30am - 8:00pm Eastern Standard Time
Phone: NEW TOLL FREE NUMBER (866) 766-9272

Note: When contacting your local service center select "service" at the auto-attendant prompt.

Then select option " 1" for TAN.

Listen for the Product category descriptions then make the appropriate selection relative to the product being serviced.

Your call will be routed to the next available Service Engineer specifically trained for that Model.

All of this can be found on Sony's Business and Professional Products Web site.
http://bssc.sel.sony.com/Professional/startpage.html

This is another advantage of having a pro product vs a consumer product from Sony.
Old May 3rd, 2003, 03:49 AM   #83
Regular Crew

Hi Allan,

On a couple of occasions I have had my 250 eject tapes after failing to load properly. In every case I have had the top cover open and looking down it was apparent that the tape was not sliding fully 'home' i.e. down then inwards towards the capstans.

I found when I inserted a tape that if I pressed the tape case down closer to the battery end it seemed to load ok everytime. Pressing at the centre or lens/front end occasionaly caused it to misload, almost like it was catching on something internally in the mechanism.

The above was with PDV184 DVCAM tapes. Never had the problem with miniDV tapes.

Mine is relatively new as well so if it plays up its going for back for servicing!
Jon McLean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2003, 01:58 PM   #84
New Boot

Thanks

Thanks to all that replied.
Allan Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2003, 06:15 PM   #85
New Boot

DSR250 Loading Errors

I get missloads every once in a while with my DSR250. I get them in the DSR200 and DSR300 as well. But after several hundred threads in each of these cameras, they all still work fine.

I think the problem is usually when the tape reels go from mini-DV to full size. But sometimes not.

Unless you force the tape in without letting the transport feed it, damage is unlikely.
Dan Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2003, 06:17 PM   #86
Go Cycle

Sony Dsr-270

Any information out yet on the new SONY DSR-270?
Old September 16th, 2003, 09:21 PM   #87
Inner Circle

I haven't heard anything but then I had no clue about anything else new from Sony and look what they did without telling me. WOW! I'm mad ;-)
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2003, 01:52 AM   #88
Trustee

Guys, This Isn't True Regarding PD150 vs. DSR250, IS IT?!

I was checking out this site, which someone said makes the best turnkey edit suites. While I was there I started poking around to see what else they were about. I came to a page where they're selling DSR250s. Here's what they say: "VIDEO IMAGE QUALITY of the DSR-250 is substantially better than the PD-150 or XL1s! In comparing the specifications between all of these cameras one would deduce that the PD-150 and DSR-250 have the identical optics and CCDs. Hence the image quality should be identical.
HOWEVER, using both of these units side by side reveals this is not the case at all. The DSR-250 produces video that is much closer to that of the DSR-300. Its Video has substantially greater detail, edge sharpness, color richness, and dynamic range over
video acquired from a PD-150 ... "
No way, right? And then they go on to say that the "AUDIO QUALITY on the DSR-250... far surpass[es]" that of the PD150 because "the mic pre-amps and AGC controls incorporated into the DSR-250 are much higher quality than those found in the [PD-150]".
Not true, right? And then they finish up with: "When you show up for a shoot packing this unit people know you mean business.
The 'impression' you make with a shoulder mount Sony gets you
instant respect and attracts a lot of attention."
I guess that last one's debatable. (Maybe should take it to a singles bar ;)
Anyone used both these cams?

http://www.saferseas.com/vsd/eye/eye2.html
Dave Largent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2003, 03:23 AM   #89
Outer Circle

The VX2000, PD150 and DSR250 have the same "engine." Perhaps the electonics is different with the DSR250, but from what I've read over the years the video quality is the same. The DSR300 is where everything changes. Perhaps BillKC will jump in and cut away some fat---by writing a nice long essay with some hidden but humorous meaning lodged ironically in-between a sentence or two. :)
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2003, 04:19 AM   #90
Regular Crew

Sounds like I might have to point my PD150 and DSR-250 at the same scene with exactly the same settings and do a screen grab and see what the diff actually is(if any).

One thing I will say for the 250 is that it is much easier to shoot with re the control layout i.e. dont have to get lost in menus to adjust the audio, gain up, iris etc etc. Much better CPSI (controls per square inch).
Jon McLean is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion