Price of VX2100 ... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old November 15th, 2004, 11:42 AM   #1
Tourist

Price of VX2100 ...

Does anyone foresee retailers dropping the price of the VX2100 now that the FX1 is out? I know they are not aimed towards the exact same target group, but I thought I read that Sony was intending to FX1 to be an update of the VX2100 with the added capability of HDV. Well, perhaps I should say they intended it as a consumer HDV, with the DV capabilities updated from the 2100... Just wondering whether or not I should expect the price to drop in the next couple of months as to whether or not I should buy it now or wait a bit... Thanks!
Jeff Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2004, 01:23 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Well, I dont know about retailors, but on eBay ive saw a massive price drop. I mean, ive seen people selling them for like...1500.00. And they are good ebay sellers as well. That is why ive now decided to get the VX2100 instead of a PD170. I mean..all it is, is DVCAM and XLR's...
Old November 15th, 2004, 03:47 PM   #3
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Cory Moorehead : Well, I dont know about retailors, but on eBay ive saw a massive price drop. I mean, ive seen people selling them for like...1500.00. And they are good ebay sellers as well. That is why ive now decided to get the VX2100 instead of a PD170. I mean..all it is, is DVCAM and XLR's... -->>>

There is more difference than that. But there comes a price point when putting up with the annoyances of the 2100 vs the 170 might make sense especially if it were to be a backup or 2nd camera. I don't personally believe so but that's just my opinion.
Old November 15th, 2004, 05:24 PM   #4
Regular Crew

True Mike, there are more differences, but for what I can afford, it looks like a great camera.
Old November 16th, 2004, 10:45 AM   #5
Inner Circle

You're right, the advice is not to sell your old VX/PD because the residuals are so low simply because the FX1 has come in at such an amazingly low (for the specification) price. The new VX/PD models must surely drop in price now and especially so come February next year when the Z1 appears.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion