DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/)
-   -   Blue picture on LCD screen (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2100-pd170-pdx10-companion/36612-blue-picture-lcd-screen.html)

Paul Swires December 19th, 2004 12:51 PM

Blue picture on LCD screen

Hi

My VX 2K has performed flawlessly for the past 4 years but during a recent outdoor wedding suddenly the picture on the LCD screen turned a blue hue and the green grass came up bright yellow. The picture is also recorded like this so the LCD screen is not faulty .... anyway, it plays back other footage fine. No amount of control setting helped (manual, white balance etc) and to me seems like one of the CCD's has gone. Has anyone perhaps got any ideas what this may be before I send it off to Sony.

Thanks

Paul

Mike Rehmus December 19th, 2004 03:04 PM

Push the Reset Button and see if that helps

Paul Swires December 20th, 2004 09:49 AM

Did that Mike but still no go .... thanks for the tip anyway !

Goh Iromoto April 13th, 2005 03:10 PM

EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!!!

Hello,

I've been shooting underwater everyday for the last month and all of a sudden one day the nice blue water turned green on my vx2000?!?!?!

Same as you, I checked all control settings etc. I'm really hoping its not a blown CCD.

I'd like to know what happened to you and how things turned out....also how much it costs I guess.

I kind of need the camera for tomorrow, I'm currently shooting for a World Record Event in Freediving.

Thank you very much

Goh Iromoto

Mike Rehmus April 13th, 2005 03:23 PM

If you reset it and it is still green, it may be the CCD. There has been one other reported instance of a CCD failure on this forum. Sony apparently replaced the CCD and only charged for labor. I seem to recall the camera was out of warranty.

But just green would indicate that 2 of the 3 CCD chips or signal paths have a problem to my uneducated mind. Or is it just a green tint?

Sorry I don't have an immediate suggestion. I have had 150's refuse to white balance and had to switch to auto white to continue the job. But they normally just deliver an image in a strong blue tint.

The tint is green when you look at recorded footage, right? It isn't just a viewfinder/LCD panel problem?

________

Paul Swires April 16th, 2005 05:11 AM

Hi Goh

Our problem was indeed a CCD failure which was repaired by Sony here in South Africa for the equivalent of around $150.00
The camera is fine now so I'm almost sure that's your problem too.

Good luck.

Leo Doyer June 4th, 2005 08:59 AM

Well, here's a third report of VX2000 with the same problem. Just went to do a shoot last night and everythnig white was very yellow, white balance came in very yellow, and no blue to be found, just greens. What a bummer, but from the sounds of your experiences it not all that expensive to fix. Does anyone have a number for sony service. There service website doesnt seem to even acknowledge that the DCR-VX2000 exists. (could be the fault of compatability with safari)

Boyd Ostroff June 4th, 2005 09:11 AM

Try entering your zip code and dcrvx2000 into the fields on this page. I tried and it found the closest center to me:

http://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do

Leo Doyer June 4th, 2005 09:15 AM

thats exactly what I have been doing, except I had a space between dcr and vx. Thats some pretty bad programming!! Thanks Boyd. BTW, I am in Philly, and the service center that comes up is in CT. Is this also what come up for you Boyd?

BTW- its the flat rate pricing @ $461.

Boyd Ostroff June 4th, 2005 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo Doyer
I had a space between dcr and vx. Thats some pretty bad programming!!

Heh, but it clearly says right next to the field "Do not include dashes or spaces".... ;-)

Yes, the Connecticut facility is what came up for me too. Good luck with the camera.

Leo Doyer June 5th, 2005 09:18 AM

nothing like a little egg in the face, eh...