Beachtek adapter for the VX2000 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old January 10th, 2005, 06:49 PM   #1
New Boot

Beachtek adapter for the VX2000

Currently own a trv-950 WITH a beachtek "universal" xlr adapter. I see that there is a different beachtek xlr adapter for vx 2000's - am I going to need to buy a new one of these, as well if I upgrade to that camcorder? Was hoping to simply use the "universal" adapter I currently have.

Any wisdom on this would be most appreciated.
Maureen Futtner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2005, 04:48 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Maureen, I don't know for certain ,but I thought I share my thoughts.

I went to the beachtek site and I couldn't find the "universal" model, so I compared the products they had on offer. It seems they make a small size unit and a large unit. The large units are all the same, the only difference is the number and types of inputs and outputs. I mean the "guts of the units seem to be the same.

So the box for the XL1 is the same as the one for the VX except that it has RCA plugs instead of a mini jack.

I would suspect that it you have a full size box it would work. The VX has an issue. Not a bad thing, just a thing. The audio jack sends a little power down the line. It is supposed to do this. (This is not the audio PROBLEM that some VXs had. That was a design flaw.) But that little bit of juice can cause problems if your equipment isn't designed to handle it. I don't think it would blow it up or anything, but you will get hum. You'll know something is wrong.

Now, if you have the one of "palm" sized units, the specs are different. I don't know if it will work.

First, I'd call them - 416-690-9457. I do not own any of their products but the people who do think very highly of them. I really don't think they would lie to you. If they tell you you need a new one, well, the cost of doing business. You can always sell the old one off. Or just keep it and use it with the old camera. Better too much than too little.

Let us know how it works out.
Old January 12th, 2005, 03:16 AM   #3
Inner Circle

My VX2000E works well with the Beachtek DXA-4, and I'm guessing that this is the 'universal' one you speak of Maureen. I tend to agree with Joe, and think your Beachtec will work well on the VX range.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion