Help!! 16:9 matte problems.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old November 23rd, 2009, 09:37 AM   #1
New Boot

Help!! 16:9 matte problems....

Hey all, I know it's old news, and have read all the stuff I can find on here....love this site by the way, very informative...but am at a stand still on this memory mix, 16:9 matte thing. The best I've gotten is a completely black box, and otherwise, no recognition from the cam, ( vx2000). I am downloading the pic from here: dsc00155.jpg, Sony Memory Mix, matte, chroma, 4:3 simulation of 16:9 panoramic anamorphic letterbox bars, with pixel scale on Flickr - Photo Sharing! . I know it must be something to do with the naming convention....Does anyone have a .jpg that is just ready to go...drag and drop on the mem card....or, can someone point me in the right direction? I appreciate anything anyone has to offer on this. Thanks in advance. Cheers!
Jay Lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 10:18 AM   #2
Wrangler

The comment below that picture gives complete instructions for using it. It shows the proper filename template and where it must reside for the camera to recognize it.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 11:46 AM   #3
New Boot

Hey, I followed the instructions, created my file: G:/DCIM/001MSDCF/DCS00001.jpg , but the cam doesn't see it... when he(Dr. D.Wizzard) states: " x is your memory stick drive letter, msdcf starts with three numeric digits", are the three numeric digits whatever I decide, or are they pre-determined, if so, where can they be found. Also, I reformated my mem stick, and don't have the ###mscdf folder anymore. Playing with it now, but man 'o man...lol. Thanks for listening all, and still would appreciate any offerings on this......and I know, newbies ask the silliest questions, but hey, thanks to sites like this one, we're able to figure things out and not throw our cameras (and memory sticks) against a wall!
Jay Lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 02:33 PM   #4
Wrangler

Boy, we are getting into the realm of ancient history here for me... I got my VX-2000 back in 2001 and sold it a couple years ago. Set the wayback machine for 2003 and have a look at page 6 of this old thread.... does it help? http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-vx2...pds-vxs-6.html

But having said all this.... are you *sure* you want to record those black bars on the tape? Once you do, they will be there forever and you won't be able to change them. Also, do you think you are really gaining anything by going this route vs using the built-in 16:9 mode?

I just re-edited some old performance video from 2002 shot in 4:3 on the VX-2000. I zoomed it to fill the 16:9 frame of my project, and keyframed some "camera moves" up and down to help the composition. Worked out very well, and I couldn't have done that if there were black bars on the tape.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion