live output + record? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old October 16th, 2005, 08:28 PM   #1
Trustee

live output + record?

it should be obvious, but since i've never done it before with a prosumer camera....

have been approached to do a three day event - video to large screen in in-door arena (lit, i think with mercury vapour lamps), and segments recorded at various times to tape throughout event - but screen to be on at ALL times.

a. does the 170 have any sort of hidden auto shut off (will be mains powered)? my old 1000 used to turn itself off at the most inconveinient times.

b. any suggestions regarding setup.

have done lots of this style event in the past, but with ccu's, ob trucks, etc., doing it as a one man band with a 170 is an interesting proposition - i just don't want any unforseen hic-ups....

leslie
Leslie Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 06:18 AM   #2
Major Player

The 170 does not have a an auto shutoff feature.
Old October 17th, 2005, 08:22 AM   #3
Trustee

tnx.

i thought not, but i just wanted to make sure.

leslie
Leslie Wand is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion