VX2000 -- various topics - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 06:18 PM   #76
madeline

As at least one data point for you, I have been using a new VX2000 for two months without any perceptable audio problems.

One question I have re this BBC mod is that since you can switch to line in (v. the mic in) doesn't that eliminate the internal preamp and thus obviate the need for the modification? Obviously not, so if someone could explain why in the course of answering VID's question that would be great!
Old May 4th, 2002, 08:57 PM   #77
kristin2

My VX 2000 distorts somewhat if internal audio level is over 50%. I use the beachtek and keep the internal level 50%, crank up the audio on the beachtek if needed, and have great sound. Use this for any interviews etc, rest of the time the on camera mic with lower level is fine. Doesn't even pick up the motor noise.
Old May 5th, 2002, 10:49 AM   #78
Regular Crew

I read on another forum that the Century 2.0X TC causes vignetting on certain focal lenghts.
Can someone give more light on this.
I would like to buy the century 2.0x over the Sony 1.7X because I will need the exta reach, BUT do not want to loose Quality.
Thanks,
Mike.
Mike Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2002, 11:07 AM   #79
Regular Crew

The FedEx Santa arrived!!

Can't keep myself from posting information you all could live without reading...MY VX2000 ARRIVED TODAY!!!

Manual is in the brief case. Little League game tonight under the lights! Can't wait for 5:00PM EST to come!!!

Thanks to all who gave me useful information in my decision making process. Now of course the door open for even more questions! (I promise to do subject searches first ;-)

Dan
Dan Eggleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2002, 12:06 PM   #80
Obstreperous Rex

Congrats on the stork arriving today... be sure to let us know what you think of your new baby (we already know how much it weighs)!

;-)

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2002, 12:07 AM   #81
jmahon001

VX2000 power interrupts

My VX2000 has developed an unusual problem.

It shuts down then restarts itself while in standby mode, but well before the normal shut down time.

Today I was shooting a wedding and while recording a scene, it went into standby on its own.

Other times, as soon as I press the record button, it will reset itself. I noticed that when this happens, I will use the edit search to back up and make sure I did not get a break in the control track and there will be gray recorded where it reset itself.

I've been a Sony customer all of my professional career, but I am losing confidence in their products. I also own a TRV900 and it has developed the audio drop-out problem so many users are getting. I consider this a manufacturer defect if this many owners are experiencing the same audio drop-out problem.

Any advise?

Thanks in advance.

J. Mahon
Old May 8th, 2002, 01:08 AM   #82
johnweekes

motor noise

I am having a similar problem. I just added the beachtek DXA-4 and even with no mic plugged in, I get a terrible electronic noise when the tape head spools up. With no tape in the unit, it is quiet as a church mouse. If I disconnect the beachtek from the tripod socket and move it away from the camera, the noise goes away. HELP!! Sony is worthless on this matter.
Old May 8th, 2002, 01:28 AM   #83
johnweekes

vx2000 and beachtec DXA-4 humm

I am getting a terrible humm from the tape head spooling up, on my new beachtek (even with no mic pligged in). My on camera mic and wireless mic work fine. The humm goes away if I remove the tape or disconnect the unit from the camera mount and hold it as far away as I can. I tried scraping the paint off the screw holes of the tripod mount as beachtek suggested but that did nothing. Needless to say Sony is worthless on the matter. any suggestions?
Old May 8th, 2002, 09:28 AM   #84
Obstreperous Rex

Have you tried contacting Beachtek about this? Also does the problem occur on AC power or battery power?

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2002, 02:48 PM   #85
dougdonley

Beachtek hum

The only think that stopped the hum with my beachtek/vx1000 setup was a wire with two alligator clips connecting the beachtek to the strap loop on the camera.
Old May 10th, 2002, 07:26 PM   #86
Virtual_Interactive_Dude

Advice on good Wind Sock (Hairy Harry)for Vx2000

Not sure of the proper venacular here......but since I live in and around Portland where we do get the wind blowing up off the gorge...makes sense I should get somethin to cover it up.

Anyone with good suggestions. I reaaly want to maintain the err...professional look !

Thanks
Old May 11th, 2002, 03:05 AM   #87
johnweekes

humm solved

Beachtek helped me find the problem. It seems the Beachtek product was assembled with no shielding around the xlr transformers....oops, anyway it works great now.. thank you.
Old May 12th, 2002, 12:12 PM   #88
New Boot

vx-200 manual focus adapter?? (i know..it sounds weird...)

all vx-2000 users know that the manual focus ring isnt exactly the most precise ting in the world. Just try doing a focus pull with it and you'll know what i'm talking about. I was thinking, would it be possible to make a "manual focus adapter" that would fit on the end of the lens, just like a filter? You could manually set the focus on the camera itself to infinity, or something, then put on the adapter, and you would have an SLR or provideo style focus ring....does anybody mkae something like this? Does anybody even understand what I am talking about? Thanks...CR
pineapples10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2002, 01:00 PM   #89
relishman

my VX-2000 page

Hey everyone. Im new to the group and thought I would share my website with all you vx-2000 fans and owners. I am a film student with a recently purchased vx-2000. Theres some stills, soon to be some video clips, and other stuff like screenplays there.

Its not -totally- a vx-2000 dedicated page, but I enjoy seeing the work of eveyone out there, so I thought I'd do the same.

Let me know what you think.
Ben
Old May 12th, 2002, 01:01 PM   #90
relishman

www.geocities.com/bscott224

I suppose the address helps.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion