vx2100 - release thing underneath the eye piece at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old February 3rd, 2006, 12:20 AM   #1
New Boot

vx2100 - release thing underneath the eye piece

Anyone know what that eye release piece do, it's located right underneath the eye view finder.

www.rollingedit.com
Kawai Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 12:42 AM   #2
Wrangler

I have a VX-2000, not a 2100. Do you mean the little black lever under the viewfinder? That allows you to adjust the focus, especially for people who wear glasses. I take my glasses off and move the lever until the image looks sharp. My Z1 has this plus another release under the viewfinder that lets you open it up for cleaning.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 12:57 AM   #3
Wrangler

I know you mean this, Boyd but for those who don't know, you move the lever to critically focus the text on the screen, not the image which may very well be out of focus at that instance and cause one to mis-adjust the viewfinder. Once you have set the focus for the text, then you can properly focus the image.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 01:00 AM   #4
Wrangler

Yeah... that's what I meant! :-)
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 09:55 AM   #5
Major Player

Kawai, I think you actually meant the other switch that's below the dioptr adjusting knob. As with Z1, it allows you to demount the front part of the viewfinder for cleaning.

Be careful though! That glass is rather sensitive and you could easily leave microscratches onto it if you don't use a very soft cloth. That part of the viewfinder doesn't seem to get dirty too quickly so if you don't have the real need to clean it, then better leave it as is.
Georg Liigand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #6
Major Player

I second what Georg said about not unnecessarily removing the eyepiece from this series of camcorders. I made the mistake of taking it off and had a long and miserable job of picking off the many pieces of lint that floated in and stuck. You can't see them when the eyepiece is off, but when you are using it and your eye is up close, they appear as large chunks. The surface has a static-cling effect and they don't come off easily.
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 10:54 AM   #7
New Boot

Thanks Georg,

Thats what i was asking about, I figure out that it slides forward. I wanted to release the eyepiece so i can it in this Petrol rainjacket i got. Yea it's true Stephen , now i have to pick off the dust that got caught on the inner glass. I think i'm just going to blast it with some compress air later.

www.rollingedit.com
Kawai Sin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion