X-ray susceptiblity - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old September 1st, 2005, 01:02 PM   #31
Major Player

-Geiger Muller counters are indeed slightly different in applied acceleration voltages. In low to normal radiation density situations they give exactly the same results (hit/sec)
-Gamma and X-ray are ionizing radiation forms. I think I never said they aren't
-Gamma/xrays don't destruct microelectronic devices. Semiconductors are not biological/watery structures or gasses. They are made out of specific/robust cristaline lattice structures. Photodiodes is another story and are radiation sensitive by definition, and pA leakge is very important there.
B.t.w. many electronic devices/boards are inspected by Xray machines. See e.g. http://www.empf.org/empfasis/july05/inspect705.htm
-Lemnar I am very much intrested how you veryfy that yr high risk zones, (where your cams are located), are free of radioactive particles.
-I know the different radiation standards which popped up through the years.
-When I said "Roentgen rays" it had nothing to do with standards or ionization, only the historic context was meant.
Andre De Clercq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2005, 01:59 PM   #32
Regular Crew

We use industry standard meters. Eberline RO2A or RO20's (ion chambers) for beta-gamma dose rates. Eberline PNR-4's for neutron dose rates. We do periodic checks for smearable alpha contamination in areas where there is a potential but we have had good fuel and have not had any alpha problems. Besides, if you have alpha dose rates, you have REAL problems. There are many other instruments we use but the ones mentioned are the mainstays for determining dose rates.

These cameras are in areas where the vast majority of dose is from N16 that is carried over with the steam, we are a BWR. There may be some small contribution from other isotopes but if you were to do a gamma spectrum you would only see the N16 peaks. We aren't using cameras inside containment during operation. They wouldn't last very long considering the neutron flux to which they would be exposed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre De Clercq
-Geiger Muller counters are indeed slightly different in applied acceleration voltages. In low to normal radiation density situations they give exactly the same results (hit/sec)
-Gamma and X-ray are ionizing radiation forms. I think I never said they aren't
-Gamma/xrays don't destruct microelectronic devices. Semiconductors are not biological/watery structures or gasses. They are made out of specific/robust cristaline lattice structures. Photodiodes is another story and are radiation sensitive by definition, and pA leakge is very important there.
B.t.w. many electronic devices/boards are inspected by Xray machines. See e.g. http://www.empf.org/empfasis/july05/inspect705.htm
-Lemnar I am very much intrested how you veryfy that yr high risk zones, (where your cams are located), are free of radioactive particles.
-I know the different radiation standards which popped up through the years.
-When I said "Roentgen rays" it had nothing to do with standards or ionization, only the historic context was meant.
Old September 1st, 2005, 03:05 PM   #33
Major Player

Thanks Lamar
Andre De Clercq is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion