Safe Purchasing options at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Closed Thread

Old February 1st, 2003, 09:04 PM   #1
New Boot

Safe Purchasing options

Thanks to all your help and the www, I have am now deciding between panny's dvx100 and teh sony pd-150. My next big concern is pricing. There are so many prices that are so cheap for these cameras. For the most part they are all in new york, claim brand new in factory sealed box, offer Mack Camera warranty. I'm just so confused. Is this really legit? examples are www.bhphoto.com (pd150= $3000), www.47stphoto.com(3200) , I have even found some pd-150 for 2200. I guess I could order on my AMEX, and then argue charge if not received. Has any one heard of this. www.amphotoworld.com, www.bwayvideo.com, etc. Your help is much appreciated.
Old February 2nd, 2003, 07:39 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Stay with the reputable dealers. B&H, Armatos, and others the members of this forum will tell you about. They are tried and true, perhaps a little more costly but I will gladly spend a little more to get a new, warrantable fully accesorised product. Also check resellerratings.com if in doubt, but watch it there also as some dealers have been known or at least suspected of padding the ratings.
Don
Old February 2nd, 2003, 08:32 AM   #3
Outer Circle

There's an article in PC World Mag about bad dealers. I don't have the link handy. Perhaps someone can post it here. Why not order a cam from one of this site's sponcors?
Old February 2nd, 2003, 02:19 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Stay away from the Broadwayphotos, etc. that advertise extremely low prices. They are usually selling overseas grey market cameras without the U.S. warranty.
Old February 2nd, 2003, 03:48 PM   #5
Wrangler

It's great to ask this question but a quick perusal of past postings on the subject will give you all the info you need.

If a low price makes you wary, it should.

Because the answers are everywhere, I'm going to do as has been done before and close this thread.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion