How used is used? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old February 4th, 2003, 04:12 AM   #1
Jack Donskoy

How used is used?

If a pd150 has the following stats:
operation: 120 hrs (12x10)
drum run: 50 hrs (5x10)
tape run:30 hrs (3x10)
threading: 230 operations (23x10)
The body is in perfect shape, well taken care of.
Is this a good buy? Or is it too used? When do you normally want to change parts, and which?
I want to try this camera, but can't afford it new. Your opinions and experience will help me a lot. I haven't dealt with pd150 so much but i love the video it caputures and the audio features. THANKS!!
Jack
Old February 4th, 2003, 05:54 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I just looked at both of mine and my 2d has way more hours than that and "runs" like a top. Being a 'good buy' is up to you. The hours don't appear to be excessive but how much do they want, is the condition really right (looks can be deceiving) is there some sort of warranty on it. Things to consider. I love the quality of image I get from the 150's and am always excited to see the raw footage from 'last night'. I'm still amazed at the look and feel of the image. IMHO it is a great piece of equipment. I use mine constantly to earn my living but I also take care of my goodies. I take my cameras in 2 times a year for a checkup (how do you make a camera turn its lens and cough?) and preventive maintenance. If the deal feels right and you're comfortable with it do it!
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2003, 09:36 AM   #3
Jack Donskoy

thanks, i appreciate your opinion

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion