PD-150 went south today :( - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old July 5th, 2006, 05:58 PM   #16
Major Player

I know this thread's a bit old, but I wasn't sure where else to put this; I just want to add my name to the list of incredibly satisfied Armato's customers.

My VX2000 had been in a state of disrepair for some months, and when I got a little money together I decided to pay attention to the various things I'd heard on this board (Mike Rehmus and Craig Seeman, I'm looking at you). Got an estimate within a week, it went back to Sony (it was a state of serious "disrepair"), returned shortly thereafter. I got it home to find the zoom ring still non functional. A quick call to Cookie--she apologized for the oversight, though it wasn't their fault--and I brought the camera back in a couple days later. It got repaired, and I picked it up today.

Dealing with Cookie and Bob in the repair department was an absolute pleasure, the store has a very friendly feel (and smell, too), and is run by my kind of people. I can't recommend them enough as far as repair is concerned, and only wish they were a sponsor here so I could say more.

Oh, and if you want a sandwich or drink from the two delis across the street (in adjacent storefronts), go to the one with the blue awning; inside scoop is they've been around longer.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2006, 06:47 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I know that exact feeling as you watched your camera hit the deck.I was recently filming outdoors and watched helplessly as a strong wind gust came up and toppled my tripod over.The dollar signs flashed before my eyes as the lense of my JVC speared into the ground.
Joe Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2006, 06:53 PM   #18
Wrangler

It always pays to anchor your tripod with something like the camera bag. Just hang it around the legs or some tripods have a hook under the center column just for this type of arrangement.

About every other wedding, someone who's had a few too many manages to stumble into my tripod. That's when I appreciate the heavy Bogens. Had I been using the carbon fiber tripod, everything would have been history.
Old July 19th, 2006, 09:07 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Well, looks like my saga is finally over. Got the camera back (AGAIN!) today. Seems they missed a loose connector on that blue CCD when they worked on it before. I got a sincere apology from Cookie; they replaced the connector for free and ate the return shipping cost. I'm still a little ticked that I had to pay a second time to ship it back there, but they did make it right. I still would do business with them and recommend them to others.

Thank God it's back - I have two shoots this weekend and two more next weekend, and I've grown to HATE that VX1000.

Last edited by John Harmon; July 19th, 2006 at 10:30 PM.
John Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2006, 07:37 AM   #20
Major Player

My PD150 fell thru my rucksack and onto concrete. It didn't even scratch, it just needed a quick reset and it was all back and running. I was petrified at the time, I certainly couldn't afford a full service. Tough things them 150s!
James Connors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 10:10 AM   #21
Regular Crew

What kind of price should I be paying for a PD150 these days? I have found £1150ovno. Which comes with all standard extras plus the Canon WA lens.

any help
thanks
Simon Antoniou is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion