Ok I screwed up pretty bad. But my video is seperated in pieces now. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old June 15th, 2006, 12:10 PM   #1
Major Player

Ok I screwed up pretty bad. But my video is seperated in pieces now.

Hello,
This is a little funny story here, I have a pd150 and purchased it used a while back. I've been using it to record different fun events I've been apart of. So I upload the video to the computer and it captures the video with no breaks even though I have constantly hit the record button on and off. This has happened for quite a time. So I thought this was normal. I have endure this process for good 8 months. Then recently I was fiddling around in my camcorder and accidently turned on the date record, recorded an important event and the date is on there. YIKES! The good news is the capture program actually seperated the video into pieces. My question is this, what setting did I adjust to allow the video to be seperated for capture? Setting in the camcorder? Thanks for the input. My only option for the other event was to put a 16x9 widescreen crop on it.

Monday
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 03:32 PM   #2
Inner Circle

If your capture utility is actually "scene detecting", its because you have it set to scene detect. I don't think the camera setting will effect that. What are you using to capture with ?
Old June 15th, 2006, 09:10 PM   #3
Major Player

Hey Chris thanks for the input. I use Vegas 6 to capture and I have left it on scene detection and for some reason in the past my pd150 footage would not seperate at all. The capture software wouldn't detect scenes, it's weird but now it works. I thought by fiddling with the cam the other day I turned on something to make it work.
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2006, 12:49 AM   #4
Inner Circle

As I indicate, I have the VX2000. With the more professional level PD150, there may be an ability to turn off time code on the camera for multicamera shoots, so that may be whats going on.... But that is only pure speculation. But if that is case, and you had it off, then the capture program couldn't scene detect...
Old June 16th, 2006, 05:43 AM   #5
Major Player

Chris just as you mentioned the time code being off I remembered that was one off the items I turned on when fiddling around, thanks I think that's what it is. Much appreciated.
Monday Isa is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion