VX2100 headphone jack repair? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old September 19th, 2006, 09:10 AM   #16
New Boot

part numbers & jack repair

You can make things easy for yourself and just order a replacement board from Sony here: http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/web/index.jsp

Over on the top right side of the page is the search area to put part number in and click the 2nd button down labeled "part or accessory number" - anyone with a credit card can order these parts.

The part number is A-7078-952-A for the JK-267 board complete. The part costs $109. Yes, pricey, but no desoldering required! If you have a good solder station with vacuum you could just order the jack itself and it's part number is 1-563-282-21. It sells for $5.57 - but keep in mind the circuit board is very thin and you really need a good solder station to remove it without damaging the board that it is mounted on.

I work on these cameras all the time - usually doing my modification for the sound and you can find more info about me here: http://www.gregjwinter.com/modification2.htm

Regards,
Greg J. Winter
Greg J. Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2006, 02:20 PM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg J. Winter
You can make things easy for yourself and just order a replacement board from Sony here: http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/web/index.jsp

Over on the top right side of the page is the search area to put part number in and click the 2nd button down labeled "part or accessory number" - anyone with a credit card can order these parts.

The part number is A-7078-952-A for the JK-267 board complete. The part costs $109. Yes, pricey, but no desoldering required! If you have a good solder station with vacuum you could just order the jack itself and it's part number is 1-563-282-21. It sells for $5.57 - but keep in mind the circuit board is very thin and you really need a good solder station to remove it without damaging the board that it is mounted on.

I work on these cameras all the time - usually doing my modification for the sound and you can find more info about me here: http://www.gregjwinter.com/modification2.htm

Regards,
Greg J. Winter
Thanks Greg. And I know you do. There are times I have been very tempted to get you to mod my VX-2100. Sony may have improved the noise from the 2000, but not by much.
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2006, 08:05 PM   #18
Major Player

Wow greg, you seem like a genius.
Eric Stemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 07:57 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Ellis
Pete, who did you order the part from to replace this? I think it is getting to be time to fix it.
called sony. got their parts department phone number off their website and decribed to them what I needed. It cost like $13 which was a bargain compared to $500 repair bill. btw, if you bought the board that the jack resides on you wouldn't need to soilder although i dont know how much they would charge.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 08:02 PM   #20
Trustee

The board with the ribbon cable is about $110.
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2006, 05:30 PM   #21
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Ellis
The board with the ribbon cable is about $110.
high profit margin on parts, like the headphone jack shouldn't cost more than $2 but what are you going to do?
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion