Continuous Power - VX2100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old November 9th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #1
Major Player

Continuous Power - VX2100

Is there any way to keep the VX2100 powered on continuously with a tape in it so that it doesn't turn off?

I want to mount it in a room one hour before a show starts and be able to record with the remote control. I know the cam goes off automatically after 5 minutes, and I had hoped I would be able to power it up again with the remote control, but I haven't found a way to do it.

"Talk is cheap unless you have a lot of audio toys"
Scott Routt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 09:25 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I haven't tried this, but have you checked if it still cycles off if its plugged in? If that works, you could run it off an external battery pack.

-Terence
Terence Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 07:42 AM   #3
Major Player

I tried that with the Sony HC3 and it works (doesn't go off when plugged in). And that is when the battery is also on the camera.

The VX2100 does go off when wearing it's battery and plugged in at the same time. But I haven't tried it plugged without the battery. Hopefully I'll have some time to try it before the party tonight. Got to go to the day job now though. Thanks!

Scott Routt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2006, 03:19 AM   #4
Major Player

My VX2100 does not turn off when there is no tape in and running from battery. Just used that feature yesterday.
Old November 11th, 2006, 01:22 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georg Liigand
My VX2100 does not turn off when there is no tape in and running from battery. Just used that feature yesterday.
Uh-huh. But that doesn't help me set the cameras up an hour before an event and discreetly record when the time is right. It's for parties when the entertainer thinks the guests are camera shy and won't react enthusiastically and candidly for a camera in their faces.

Of course, I understand that my VX will be better off in the wear and tear department now that it can't be done. But thanks.

Scott Routt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion