Using a Telex mono audio coil cord at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old March 25th, 2003, 04:51 PM   #1
New Boot

Using a Telex mono audio coil cord

Mike: Here's one that may work! I've been using a stereo headset plugged in to hear what I've been recording. That works except wearing a pair of headphones during my grandson's play seems strange. So I've obtained a Telex IFB Coil cord along with the Telex button and the cord that plugs into the IFB box. Here's my problem. Stereo out but mono into ear. Can I redo the end of the cable where the plug into the IFB goes and put a stereo jack there, soldering both sides of the stereo jack to one of the cable's wires and the other to the ground of the stereo jack. In short, is there a problem in having a crossover between the two stereo outputs? I hope this makes sense to you. It's confusing to describe! Thanks so much . . . .
Jay Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2003, 06:01 PM   #2
Wrangler

Yes you can. Just wire the tip and ring to the mono signal, sleeve to the shield.
Old March 26th, 2003, 01:15 AM   #3
New Boot

Telex Button

Mike: Have done so - everyone sez should work great! No more headsets wandering around - just a small button in my ear which I can pop out easily! Thanks for the help.
Jay
Jay Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2003, 10:59 AM   #4
Wrangler

The only caution with the button style of earphone is that they really don't allow you to hear the faint background garbage that so easily fouls up a recording. They are OK for setting volume levels (sort of) except in a noisy environment IMHO.

I do carry a set with my PC110 but that's because the small size makes them storable in the small case.

That said, in a theatre environment, one can hardly yell out for someone to turn off the refrigerator.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion