PDX 10 Error Mess. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old February 13th, 2007, 08:31 PM   #1
Regular Crew

PDX 10 Error Mess.

Hey,
I was filming today, and I put in a tape, and I kept getting the error message that means TAPE END. its when a cassatte image with a slash through it and the eject symbole flash on the screen repeatedly. The tape was fully rewound and brand new. I put in an old tape that I had tape on before, and that didn't work either. Now I had six tapes with me, and none of them worked. Any idea what the problem was? I had to switch cameras half way through a shoot. What a pain!
Michael Estepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007, 05:47 AM   #2
Wrangler

Were you unable to fast forward or rewind the tape? If the write protect tab is in the closed position you will also get an error (although maybe not the same one?) - I wonder if it could be incorrectly interpreting the position of that tab?

Did you try pressing the reset button? If there's nothing obvious wrong, then you may need to send the camera to a repair center. US locations and other info can be found here: http://bssc.sel.sony.com/Broadcastan...eCenters.shtml
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2007, 12:30 PM   #3
Regular Crew

There was nothing obviously wrong, no write protection tabs was closed, hit the reset button. I think I am going to have to take it to a repair center, I just wanted to know ahead of time what the deal was, if it was worth it.
Michael Estepp is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion