VX2100 best settings - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old April 20th, 2007, 05:43 PM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Stephen McDonald View Post
I'd like to think I've shot some J-PEG still pictures with my VX2100 that are fairly decent. Here are a couple of them. These are directly written to the MemoryStick from the camera and not captured and re-encoded from tape. There are some others scattered through my Flickr album.
WOW those are nice, I have to say....very nice!
Old April 21st, 2007, 05:31 AM   #17
Inner Circle

I ignore the Memorystick. I import all the bitmaps into Photoshop for tweaks to image size (they come off tape at 720 x 576 and need to be 768 x 576), levels, dpi and add a smidge of unsharp mask. I convert them to JPEGs if I feel like it, then print out as 6" x 4" prints and not a single person has said to me - whoa, what's up with your camera, dude? They all ask, how on earth did I so consistantly capture the peak of the action so well?

With care I can go as big as A4 (say 8" x 10") if I choose the frame carefully and use my best paper in the Epson Stylus Photo.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 02:54 PM   #18
New Boot

there is no "best settings" the custom settings you choose are all based on the environment and lighting. just use all manual settings no auto unless maybe focus and make sure to alter the image using the CPs
Wes Mahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2007, 06:06 PM   #19
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Wagner View Post
I've had the VX2100 for a while now and totally love it. I've found the following helps.

1. Shoot full manual (if not, learn).
2. Shoot 60i with aperture open (no gain or VERY little with ND on) if you want to convert to 24p.
how do you shoot in 60i.
and then how do you convert it to 24p??

i need to know it. hahaha
Nick Boxler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2007, 12:27 AM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Boxler View Post
how do you shoot in 60i.
and then how do you convert it to 24p??

i need to know it. hahaha

If you are serious there are dozens of threads in this site to good easy workflows.

60i is the shutter speed on your camea (look on the camera -RTM), VirtualDub is what I use to convert that footage to 24p.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 12:41 AM   #21
Inner Circle

Just so that Nick doesn't get confused Marco, 60i isn't the shutter speed set on the camcorder, it indicates that the camera has been set to record 60 half resolution interlaced frames every second.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion