VX2K Stills at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old April 23rd, 2003, 10:02 AM   #1
Regular Crew

VX2K Stills

Could someone explain to me how you take still shots. I called myself following instruction in the manuel but to no avail. Oh I did accidentally get 1 out of about 20.
Charles French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2003, 05:56 PM   #2
Regular Crew

18 views no reply's? I'll read the manuel again.
Charles French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2003, 06:04 PM   #3
Wrangler

There are two ways.

1. To record the still to tape, leave the VX2000 in camcorder mode and press the little silver button on the upper right rear of the camera. Press it half-way to "freeze" and check composition, then all the way down, and the camera will record a 7-second still.

2. To record to memory stick, set the camera in still mode, do the same thing with the silver button.
Paul Tauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2003, 09:00 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Better yet, slide the on-off switch all the way to "memory". Now you're taking progressive scan (full resolution) stills to tape at 12.5fps with full stereo sound. On the timeline later you can pick and choose the stills you like. It's one of the best motordrive still cameras around.

How many other still cameras can manage that frame rate and keep it up for an hour, no trouble? How many have a 12x zoom lenses with optical steadyshot? None of them are anywhere near f2.4 at maximum telephoto. How many have two viewfinders, one of which will twist this way and that? How many have two NDs, shutter speeds from 1/3rd sec up to 1/10000th, full manual control of exposure, white balance and focus?

The VX2k for all it's lowly pixel count makes an excellent still camera for those working under pressure. I know - I use it.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion