Time lapse. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old February 10th, 2002, 04:22 PM   #1
Liamo2002

Time lapse.

I just ordered my VX2000 after months of deliberating. I really hope it's going to be worth it. Has anyone used the time lapse fucntion? Or is it even useful? Every article seemed to skip over it entirely and even in comparisons, under "Time lapse" they all said "not present". But I've heard from a few users of the V2k that it definitely has time lapse. One review even said that it puts pressure on the tape transport unit.

Can anyone comment on this please? Any help appreciated.
Old February 11th, 2002, 12:10 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Howdy from Texas,

You'll have to decide for yourself how you like the time lapse feature, but be advised that an intervalometer function (time lapse) puts a lot of strain on a camcorder's tape transport, regardless of the camcorder make or model.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2002, 09:59 AM   #3
Liamo2002

Thanks. Any idea of how badly it would affect the camera if I used it a few times?
Old February 17th, 2002, 11:07 AM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Sorry, not really... I have no practical experience with it. A few times shouldn't affect it too much, though.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2002, 12:46 PM   #5
Incomplete registration -- contact Admin

Used the time lapse (actually you'll identify it in your menu area as 'int rec' or interval recording) and though I wasn't aware of any dammage potential - I have to say it is a dynamite funtion - one that is used frequently by Bravo! Canada - to establish their 'night in the big city' type look. Here's how you do it. Hit the menu button scroll untill you see Int rec - select it by pushing IN your toggle wheel and then set the timer to record half a second every 30 seconds or minute. For best results - lock off camera on a background with changing clouds or light conditions and something happening in your foreground. Then take your finished tape and speed it up slightly in post. You'll dig the results!
kgertler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion