Another "film look" VX2000 question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion
Topics also include Sony's TRV950, VX2000, PD150 & DSR250 family.

Old June 19th, 2007, 04:19 PM   #1
New Boot

Another "film look" VX2000 question

Hello and thanks ahead of time for any help you guys can contribute. I'm working on a film project and would like to acheive a (wait for it, here it comes....) "film look" with my VX2000. Now, my question is this: What techniques are the best? I've heard about lens adapters (which I know nothing about for my camera) and other add ons for my camera but I'd like to get input from you guys here. Most of my shooting will be at night so that's something I need to take into consideration. Any links, video samples, ANYTHING would greatly be appreciated. Thanks again!
Roque Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2007, 04:45 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Go to Alternative Imaging subforum for exhaustive discussions about 35mm adapters. Low end price wise is build it yourself with a guide from Redrock, to Letus, to Brevis (from Cinevate) and Redrock, on up from there.

35mm adapters give you, by shooting a ground glass image derived from a 35mm still camera lens, or even a cinema lens, the filmic depth of field film viewers are used to.

VX 2000 will no shoot 24p, so if you are going to convert to that to give it a 24 fps cadence, you should shoot at 1/60 in manual mode.
Old June 19th, 2007, 04:50 PM   #3
New Boot

I'll check out those other sections. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos View Post
Go to Alternative Imaging subforum for exhaustive discussions about 35mm adapters. Low end price wise is build it yourself with a guide from Redrock, to Letus, to Brevis (from Cinevate) and Redrock, on up from there.

35mm adapters give you, by shooting a ground glass image derived from a 35mm still camera lens, or even a cinema lens, the filmic depth of field film viewers are used to.

VX 2000 will no shoot 24p, so if you are going to convert to that to give it a 24 fps cadence, you should shoot at 1/60 in manual mode.
Roque Rodriguez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony VX2100 / PD170 / PDX10 Companion