DVF-L700 & DVF-El100 compatibil​ity being used as viewfinders on Sony F65 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XAVC PMW-F5 / F55 CineAlta

Sony XAVC PMW-F5 / F55 CineAlta
35mm CMOS Sensor / 4K Ultra-HD Camcorders

Old August 14th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #1
Major Player

DVF-L700 & DVF-El100 compatibil​ity being used as viewfinders on Sony F65

I'm sure Sony has provided an adapter cable that can be used to allow one or both of these cool viewfinders the DVF-L700 or DVF-El100 which are 26 pin connector units to be plugged into the F65 20 pin viewfinder connector.

I don't want to give up my two SDI outputs because they are being used for different purposes. I don't want them used for a viewfinder. Does anyone know what part# for the adapter cable would be?

I would hate to see Sony develop cool new viewfinders and other very useful options for the new F5/F55 camcorders at the expense of not providing them for the F65.
The 7" 1080p viewfinder is a natural for the F65
Douglas Call is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:43 AM   #2
Wrangler

Re: DVF-L700 & DVF-El100 compatibil​ity being used as viewfinders on Sony F65

As I understand it, F65 owners can take their cameras in and get the new EVF port installed.

I don't think it was a trivial thing, much more than an adapter cable, as the new 5/55 port is digital based while the original F65 EVF was analog. I believe an internal board int he camera is replaced.

This upgrade was always described as being for the OLED finder, but I'd be interested in knowing if it can drive the 7" monitor or the LCD finder as well.
Old August 16th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: DVF-L700 & DVF-El100 compatibil​ity being used as viewfinders on Sony F65

I'm getting ready to send our F65 in for the Version 3.0 upgrade. I'm going find out in advance from the Sony DMPC if that hardware update allows me to connect the Sony DVF-L700 7" Full HD Monitor. If so that will be awesome. the new viewfinder option doesn't really do much for me. Otherwise I'd be stuck with the 7" host of standard 3rd party SDI/HDMI plug in monitors. I think someone is coming out with a 3rd party 720p 7" monitor soon.
Douglas Call is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XAVC PMW-F5 / F55 CineAlta