remote cable for F55 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XAVC PMW-F5 / F55 CineAlta
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XAVC PMW-F5 / F55 CineAlta
35mm CMOS Sensor / 4K Ultra-HD Camcorders

Old October 28th, 2013, 03:00 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: remote cable for F55

yes, two reasons.

For me response time is much faster holding a trigger button in my hand and pushing it, while being able to keep my eye on either the viewfinder or the live subject itself.

Secondly, I do wildlife filming and don't want to use other devices in the filed, especially when they need batteries. I have been controlling a GH3 as B-roll camera with wifi and got very nervous now and then when the battery of my tablet started to get low before the end of the session.
Old November 26th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #17
Major Player

Re: remote cable for F55

I just got my Movcam grip this morning. It's the new redesigned grip with Red/F5/F55 control. I was trying to get one out of the States, but they appeared here so I snagged one. It seems really well made and the wooden grip sits nicely in the hand. It starts and stops the F5 as expected. I have the Arri extension arm on the way so the grip is of limited use until that arrives.
Attached Thumbnails
remote cable for F55-movcam.jpg  

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Digital Cinema Camera Systems > Sony XAVC PMW-F5 / F55 CineAlta