intrigued by sony at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR

Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR
Sony Alpha a7s: Full HD Recording in XAVC and 4:2:2 UHD 4K Output via HDMI.

Old September 14th, 2014, 02:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

intrigued by sony

Starting to get interested in Sony stuff. I like the a7s but that's beyond the budget. Anything else with xavc that's worth looking at that's under 1k?

In the price range canon seems to rehash the 18mp over and over and the canons id really want to upgrade to are beyond the budget.
Mike Leah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2014, 06:14 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: intrigued by sony

Under 1K, you're only likely to find XAVC-S offerings. Professional XAVC cameras cost way more than $1K.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2014, 11:53 PM   #3
Major Player

The A5100 has XAVC-S.
Dmitri Zigany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2014, 12:44 PM   #4
Regular Crew

The newest rx100 looks nice also, even with the smaller sensor. The lens looks great on it from what ive seen.
Mike Leah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2014, 08:21 AM   #5
Contributor

The RX100-III is a great little pocket camera. I got one so I'd have a camera in my briefcase all the time. It's a little small and awkward to shoot with but once you get the hang of it, there's nothing else that compares. Unlike most pocket cameras you can shoot easily in sunlight because it has the pop up viewfinder. That's why I bought it. You're not going to make movies with it, but for an occasional shot or when you need to look like a tourist, it's great. I've used it for things like shooting chroma key plates, and recently I needed a POV shot looking up through the trees with sun coming through the leaves and the perfect shot appeared in my back yard, with a nice little wind rustling the leaves. I grabbed the camera and got the shot and it was fine. I had the A7R there too but by the time I got it ready the clouds would have been back. The RX is small enough to carry in a shirt pocket, so it's a great little travel camera.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR