EX1 b-cameras at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 13th, 2007, 10:26 AM   #1
Major Player

EX1 b-cameras

I know a lot of you guys are looking at the EX1 as a B camera to something a lot more expensive like the 350's etc, but for me the EX1 will be my 'A' camera.

I planned on keeping my XH-A1 as a B camera for the Sony but I have to say that after getting hold of a tiny Sony CX6 (CX7) camera for family stuff I'm actually thinking of using it for support footage and being truly tape free.

The little camera is by no means 'professional', it has no external focus / exposure controls, headphone out or mic inputs other than the hot shoe, but it produces images that I've cut into my EX1 footage just fine

I'm sure that something like a V1, or Z1 etc would be way better, but for such a small budget I think this little camera does a nice job.

I hope this isn't too far off topic, I thought it was worth sharing with you here as I doubt you'd venture in to the AVCHD forum :)

Some CX6 stuff I shot recently, you'll recognize some of the subjects if you saw my EX1 footage.

http://www.olikai.com/beach/cx6-day1-graded.mov

ungraded...

http://www.olikai.com/beach/cx6-day1.mov

Paul.
Old December 13th, 2007, 12:47 PM   #2
Major Player

Looks great! Not bad to mix at all.

The EX1 will undoubtedly be our "A" Camera as we will probably order 5-7 of them. I think most people here will use it as their "A" camera unless they do run other larger cameras, but from what everyone keeps saying, this is supposed to produce an even better image than some of those.

Great work! Thanks!
Kit
Kit Hannah is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds