New Final Cut Pro XDCAM EX plugin from Sony - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 15th, 2008, 07:08 AM   #16
Major Player

I'm using Shotput Express as well. No problems with recognizing the card in Log and Transfer.

Perhaps you might want to try reinstalling the plugin.
Ned Soltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2008, 07:30 AM   #17
Major Player

4th time re-installed no luck Can you tell me where your plug-in is going and what the name of the Plug-in is.
Old June 15th, 2008, 07:51 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cahill View Post
Where does your plug-in get installed in the OS when you did the install? I need to check to see if it is even getting installed, it said it had a successful install. This is all on my MAC 10.5.3
Steve check to see if plug-in is located as follows:

Title Sony XDCAM EX Log and Transfer Plug-in

DefaultLocation /Library/Application Support/ProApps/MIO/RAD/Plugins

I am working on a MacPro (Early 2008) 3.2Ghz Octo, 16GB memory, Leo 10.5.3, FCP 6.0.3

Remember that as per Sony's requirements, you need FCP 6.0.3 for this to work. I installed and it works first time around. Check the documentation that came with plug-in to make sure you are using the proper steps to start and use the plug-in.

MacOS X does NOT require one to reinstall software again - that is a WinDoze thing. Cheers!

Last edited by Barry J. Anwender; June 15th, 2008 at 01:22 PM.
Barry J. Anwender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2008, 07:54 AM   #19
Major Player

Plugins folder:

Library

Applications support

Final Cut Pro System Support

Plugins

See the attached screen grab, Jpeg of my plug-in's. Anything look similar to your plugins:
I see the SonyImportPlugin.bundle with a date of July 6, 2006. Looks like this could be it but the date looks wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
New Final Cut Pro XDCAM EX plugin from Sony-plugins-fcp.jpg  
Old June 15th, 2008, 08:01 AM   #20
Major Player

Steve, I notice that your SonyExportPlugin.bundle and the Sony ImportPlugin.bundle are dated Jul6, 2006.

You are working with an outdated version of the Sony XDCAM Transfer application.
You need to install version 2.7.0 (387) dated May 9, 2008, verify in the "Get Info" pane. Correct this and then give the Log & Transfer plug-in a go.

Make sure to check and see that the Log & Transfer plug-in is in the location I provided above. That path came from the plug-in installer package and it checks out on my system. This plug-in is an executable that works with XDCAM Transfer application, hence the latter needs to be up to date.

I am off to work now, but I will check in this afternoon to see if you got this to work. Good Luck!
Old June 15th, 2008, 08:32 AM   #21
Major Player

Got the DefaultLocation /Library/Application Support/ProApps/MIO/RAD/Plugins
that is there, good sign, install worked

The XDCAM transfer Application I have is 2.5.1 but need to find the version: 2.7.0 (387) dated May 9, 2008. Any pointers to a download site? One of the Sony sites downloads is down.

Thanks for your help!
Old June 15th, 2008, 09:52 AM   #22
Major Player

Here you go, Steve:
http://www.sony.co.uk/biz/view/ShowC...veContext=true

That might have gotten broken in the word wrap.

dave
Dave Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2008, 12:51 PM   #23
Major Player

Version 2.7.0 did the trick. Very slow to display the clips on this MAC 2.16 GHz intel Core Duo..

I think I am going to just use the XDCAM transfer tool instead.

Thank you for your help!
Old June 15th, 2008, 02:44 PM   #24
Major Player

Quote:
Version 2.7.0 did the trick. Thank you for your help!
Steve, I was wondering about that 2.5.1 version over at Sony Canada's site. Now we know, and I'm not surprised. Glad to hear your finally got the new plug-in to work. Cheers!
Old June 15th, 2008, 03:31 PM   #25
Major Player

No problem, glad it helped.
Old June 15th, 2008, 04:49 PM   #26
Major Player

Sony needs to have auto updates notification, and one site for downloads,

US
Canada
England

One face towards the customer.

Thanks for your help.
Old June 15th, 2008, 05:06 PM   #27
Major Player

I agree, it's a mess. Given their world-wide presence, I can't figure out why they do it this way. This is my first Sony camcorder so I don't have any history with them. Have they always offered software and updates in such a piecemeal manner?
Old June 15th, 2008, 07:02 PM   #28
Major Player

Sony is a new player in the software distribution market. The different country groups are competing against themselves, and do not present themselves as one company "Sony". They obviously do NOT have a web and a software distribution strategy, like one place to download. Until they get this together they will remain to be multiple companies within the same company, within different geographies.

Let's hope they can work out their geography difference and present a single strategy and brand to their customers, this has to come from the top of the corporation from their CEO.
Old June 15th, 2008, 07:36 PM   #29
Major Player

One of the things that dawned on me ONLY after I had DL'd and installed one of the updaters from the UK site was what if this update was ONLY meant for the UK PAL system. I know it wouldn't do any harm, but there would be no guarantee that it would even have NTSC files in it. I guess the right hand DOESN'T know what the left hand is doing.
Old June 15th, 2008, 07:48 PM   #30
Major Player

Quote:
Let's hope they can work out their geography difference and present a single strategy and brand to their customers, this has to come from the top of the corporation from their CEO.
Let's also hope they can do this with an international warranty. Then the playing field will be leveled and all concerned can focus on using the products in the field as they are intended. I guess Sony is learning how to crawl before it can walk with the rest of the hardware/software industry in a 21st century global village.
Barry J. Anwender is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds