Panasonic AG-HVX2000 Vs Sony PMW-EX1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 22nd, 2007, 11:37 AM   #1
New Boot

Panasonic AG-HVX2000 Vs Sony PMW-EX1

Hi

Iam looking at puchasing my first camera and other aux/assoc equipment so I can have a crack at making my own films (I write my own). Influences are:

DEAD MANS SHOES
MADE IN ENGLAND
NIL MY MOUTH
MADE IN ENGLAND
FOOTBALL FACTORY
WAR ZONE

The two cameras I have considerd are the:

Panasonic AG-HVX2000 £3284 (UK) £2597 (USA)
Sony PMW-EX1 £4000? (UK) £????? (USA)

I have spoken to a few suppiers in England who already stock the Panasonic and who will be getting the new Sony. Their advice, wait for the Sony, then come in and compare the two. This seems like sensible advice to me? I have the money now, but Iam no rush, so a few months will not do any harm.

Aam I on the right track here? Reading through this forum you guys CLEARLY know your stuff!

Note:
Iam actually a photographer. I use the Canon 5D and have a selection of Canon 'L series' prime lenses.
Richard Andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:59 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Wait for IBC, the week after next when Sony will finally reveal the final specs and pricing. We have been told to expect lots of good things with this camera. Or go to IBC in Amsterdam and play with one on the Sony stand.
Old August 26th, 2007, 09:55 PM   #3
Trustee

I agree that its better to wait not only to see what the XDCAM-EX can really do but you never know, you may actually see camcorders from Panasonic and Canon.

Here is a little information about Sony's part in IBC.
http://syphaonline.com/SYPHAnewsitem...070817-02.html
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 07:32 AM   #4
MPS Digital Studios

Do you mean the HVX200 or the HPX2000 (which is a $27,000 USD camera)? I like the HVX a lot, but I prefer to shoot in 720p with it due to the sensor size. I wouldn't be surprised if Canon makes an announcement, but I don't know about Panny. But never say never!

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds