Remote Lens Control on the PDW-EX1 - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old September 28th, 2008, 04:17 AM   #151
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Taghon View Post
anybody has the pin layout for the fujinonlens on the
EX1?
Jurgen, I don't have access to the protocol involved, but I participated in testing the Manfrotto 521-ex controller and can assure you there is nothing there above start/stop/ zoom. and RET functionality.

BTW, the MN521-ex is already available for purchase (better late than never); I can recommend it as very functional (the full speed zoom in/out always available through separate buttons, makes it a better value compared to most competitors).
Old September 28th, 2008, 08:25 AM   #152
Regular Crew

Piotr, thanks for you post.
we want to use the ex1 remotlely in the air so we need a controller wireless, that why i want the pin layout from the lens conector to make somthing ourself, rec and zoom is ok, the iris we do seperately .

thanks jurgen
Jurgen Taghon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 12:35 PM   #153
Major Player

I'm also interested in the pin out info for the EX1 - my need is to isolate the record / stop record connection so it can be hard wired to an interval timer for timelapse purposes. It will be necessary to buy a remote and hack the cables open which is a bit drastic, if I can't locate this information.

My timer arrangement fires the panning motor on the tripod head for a preset period, then shoots a frame on the EX1, the parameters are all variable making it possible to shoot a timelapse pan over a period of 5 hours or more.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 02:47 PM   #154
Major Player

Try emailing Bebob manufacturing - they've been very easy to work with.

Also, you might try Libec USA.
Old October 30th, 2008, 02:51 PM   #155
Major Player

So the pin outs for the EX1 Fujinon lens are unreg.12v, un reg. ground, Video, video ground,
two serial data in and 2 serial data out - no idea of serial protocol.

So I'm gonna have to buy and break a Zoe controller to get at the "go" button.

Anyone serial data wise??

Paul
Old November 2nd, 2008, 05:29 PM   #156
Regular Crew

Libec PZC9EX or ZC9PRO

Hi

Just ordered a EX3 and have to wait a couple of weeks before delivery.

I've been looking at Libec Zoom controllers as mentioned in the title of this post.

The Libec site states that the Pro model can be used with Canon and or Fujinon lenses and in some instances might need a 12 pin adapter for Broadcast Fujinon Lenses.

The Pro is about $100 cheaper here in Australia, has anyone had experience with either of these two controllers and is there any advantages that I'm missing in one over the other?

Libec: Libec-Libec Sales of America -> Right Hand side menu bar -> go"Other Accessory"

Anyones experiences would be most welcome.

Cheers

Michael
Michael Lyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2008, 06:07 PM   #157
Major Player

The Pro was the original controller - designed for Canon or Fujinon lenses and my need a 12 pin adapter for Broadcase lenses - as you mentioned.

I had this controller and used it a lot with my JVC HD100 cams with Fujinon lenses - I was happy with it and it always performed fine for me.

Then I sold my JVC's and switched to the EX3 - the Pro controller won't work. It's not only that the cable pinout is different, but it also required a rework of the electronics within the controller body. That is why it's so much more.

I sold my Pro on eBay, bought the EX version, and I'm still happy with it.
Old November 4th, 2008, 10:14 AM   #158

The Bebob Zoe EX just arrived yesterday and it's a little gem!

Very smooth, great control. Well worthy every penny.
Jay Gladwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2008, 10:52 AM   #159
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted OMalley View Post
The Pro was the original controller - designed for Canon or Fujinon lenses and my need a 12 pin adapter for Broadcase lenses - as you mentioned.

I had this controller and used it a lot with my JVC HD100 cams with Fujinon lenses - I was happy with it and it always performed fine for me.

Then I sold my JVC's and switched to the EX3 - the Pro controller won't work. It's not only that the cable pinout is different, but it also required a rework of the electronics within the controller body. That is why it's so much more.

I sold my Pro on eBay, bought the EX version, and I'm still happy with it.
Am I correct in understanding from your post that a Libec PH-9 zoom for Fuji Pro lenses will not work on the EX? The pin layout and electronics are different?

I have an old spare Canon plug PH-9 and was going to look into a Canon PRO to Fuji PRO adapter plug if such a thing existed??? or getting a loan of a Fuji Pro PH-9 from a colleage for a shoot coming up. Doesnt sound like this is an option and I need to buy a bebob or a Manfrotto 521EX. Anyone used both and can recommend which is better or are they both similar?
Mark P. Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2008, 11:25 AM   #160
Major Player

I tried to order the EX adapter from Libec. Chuy, I think, in tech support apologized but indicated that the ZC9-Pro will not work with the adapter - the electronics within the controller would end up sending incorrect signals to the lens and it would constantly creep - or something like that.

The ZC9-EX Has updated and improved electronics to work better with all lenses and accommodate the EX cameras.
Old November 13th, 2008, 06:55 PM   #161
Major Player

Sony RM-1BP LANC Remote Controller for EX3?

I am looking for a simple and reliable remote controler - is this a good one for the EX3 ?

Thanks,

Ofer Levy Nature Photographer
Ofer Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2008, 01:28 AM   #162
Inner Circle

No Ofer - the EX cameras don't use LANC at all; search for Manfrotto, Bebob or Varizoom zoom controllers with "EX" in the name.
Old November 14th, 2008, 02:42 AM   #163
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr Wozniacki View Post
No Ofer - the EX cameras don't use LANC at all; search for Manfrotto, Bebob or Varizoom zoom controllers with "EX" in the name.
Thanks for that Pioter!
Ofer Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2008, 01:44 PM   #164
Regular Crew

I have just got the Manfrotto 521EX, and it is very good.
Smooth starts and stops.
Also you can reverse which way the zoom control goes,
left in or out, the Bebob cannot do that.
I can recomend the Manfrotto.
Mark Twittey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2008, 03:15 AM   #165
Trustee

EX3 & Lanc

Doe the EX3 have a Lanc input port? I can't find this in the specs. or the PDF manual.
Vincent Oliver is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds