Shipping Date for the EX - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 2nd, 2007, 05:13 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Hoge View Post
Do the camera ship with a power adapter to run it off the mains?
Yes, although it's not possible to recharge a battery whilst doing this, either on the charger or with a battery in the camera.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 05:17 AM   #17
Major Player

Well at least that save me on the documentary that
I´m undertaking. It´s mostly indoors and in controlled situations.
Joachim Hoge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2007, 08:29 AM   #18
New Boot

SxS flash memory card are not going to be available anytime soon. I just checked Sandisk and Sony sites and it seems these cards are either still in development or the production facilities are not yet ready to mass produce them. And I am talking about the 8GB cards, 16 and 32 GBs are way beyond the horizon.

It is becoming annoying that manufacturers try to capture more of market by announcing their products half year in advance... Please give us realistic release dates and don't give us bare-bones, we need all optional accessories available when products ship!
Tibor Duliskovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2007, 08:58 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Obviously 8GB cards are available since they're included with the camera. In what quantity I don't know but they're already in production.

Sandisk Sept press release said their 8GB and 16GB cards would be shipping in Nov. Even if they're behind sched I'd guess they'd be December or January the latest.

I think the thing in flux is probably pricing versus production capacity and commitment to making sure all cameras sold have initial cards.. Sony was vague about the EX1 price (under $8000 which could well have be $7999) and now most dealers seem to be settling on $6699 or thereabouts and one dealer tells me Sony has set a "floor" of about $6500. That's around 16-19% lower than it could have been.

The may be underproducing which is different than not ready to produce yet.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2007, 01:02 PM   #20
Major Player

Looks like a major issue

That is a deal killer for me. I wanted to buy one right away but I can't go out to shoot with one battery!! No chance in hedes. :(

That hurts too. I really wanted one right away. I guess I'll just wait until they have the batts and cards ready to sell.

Mike
Mike Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 05:22 PM   #21
Trustee

i have been told to expect my ex1 on Friday...could this be possible?
Old November 7th, 2007, 05:44 PM   #22
Regular Crew

I don't think anyone know's exactly.

BTW, I'm in the US and in line at B&H, somewhere in the top 15 I am told.

I have it on reasonably good authority that the first shipments are already 'ex-factory', which I guess means they have shipped from Japan to the various international locations/distributors.

If one rumor I read was correct, those first shipments went out last week.

If all of that is true, and if the inventory for the UK went air-freight and got through customs quickly, then this Friday wouldn't be impossble. Unlikely but not impossible.

I think the availability of the manuals and drivers and now an update to that software must portend something.
Paul Ramsbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 05:50 PM   #23
Inner Circle

AbelCine is showing Card prices now although only "accepting orders"

8GB $485
16GB $875

http://www.abelcine.com/store/produc...1&cat=0&page=1

4hr battery shows as $234
Old November 7th, 2007, 07:32 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Ok so have finally decided to spring for the EX1 instead of the HVX200 (the ability to shoot native DV made me undecided) and have the financing setup.

The choice now is wheather to buy in UK, Europe or take a chance on a US one....I have someone to buy it for me and take it back if needed.

the UK price looks like converting to around 6,600 EUR and the US 4,567 EUR...thats a lot of lifference.

Thing stopping me jumping for it right away is things going wrong with it and having to ship it back to person who purchases it for me (messy messy) and US power cables.
Alan Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 07:41 PM   #25
Regular Crew

I take it the SxS cards are compatible with the UK model.

What about the 0.8X Wide Angle Adapter, Battery and SxS Memory Reader?

they are much cheaper in the States too.
Alan Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 08:11 PM   #26
Regular Crew

I thought for the us power cables, you would just use some sort of simple cheap socket converter. am i completely wrong?
Brian Leahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 08:21 PM   #27
Inner Circle

I suspect the "in" to the camera itself is standard but the plug on the other end of the AC adaptor/battery charger will be the variable. If it's like some "modern" power supplies they'll be a detachable plug going to the adaptor and that will be the device that varies in the kit.

The above is just speculation but I just got another device which is both NTSC/PAL to use with the camera (Telestream/Flip4Mac Pipeline) in which the power supply is designed that way.

In the "worst" case you might have to buy a 240V charger (or just the 240V power cable) but the camera itself, including the power input, will likely be the same (just a hunch mind you).
Old November 7th, 2007, 08:35 PM   #28
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Seeman View Post
I suspect the "in" to the camera itself is standard but the plug on the other end of the AC adaptor/battery charger will be the variable. If it's like some "modern" power supplies they'll be a detachable plug going to the adaptor and that will be the device that varies in the kit.

The above is just speculation but I just got another device which is both NTSC/PAL to use with the camera (Telestream/Flip4Mac Pipeline) in which the power supply is designed that way.

In the "worst" case you might have to buy a 240V charger (or just the 240V power cable) but the camera itself, including the power input, will likely be the same (just a hunch mind you).
They are always dual voltage. If only to allow charging while shooting abroad. So, all one needs is the physical plug adaptor(s) for the respective country.
Old November 7th, 2007, 08:35 PM   #29
Major Player

The camera will run off 12v DC. I've been looking for a use for my Arri Ni-Cad brick -- should run the EX for a few days.
Serena Steuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 10:12 PM   #30
Major Player

Yeah, I have an IDX system with three batteries. It would also be nice if it could be used with the camera. Maybe a dummy battery with an IDX attachement? Has anyone made something like this?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds