Sony footage from the EX - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old October 15th, 2007, 07:36 PM   #16
Trustee

I hear you Greg. Your statement is well understood.

With the EX and upcoming cams, RED included, cost verses image quality has improved considerably over the last couple years. I was wondering when this would kick in for the prosumer video cameras. It certainly has for Digital SLRs.
Of course, not to say that RED is prosumer, this is one hell of a pro camera at a decent price! For that matter,for some, the EX may fall into a pro bracket too.
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 03:38 AM   #17
Regular Crew

I have no intention of trashing this camera before it's even hit the shelves, it really is looking very promising (on the most part) so far. Certainly for the money, there is little to be dis-heartened about.

All I was voicing was my concern that from perhaps the only real footage (albeit highly compressed) that has been made available so far, there was one shot that stood out as demonstrating a noticeable (and IMO quite distracting) degree of CA. I am not trying to rain on Sony's parade with my comments, more to simply point out the direction of some clouds ! ;)

The questions really are;
1) How much of the effect has been exacerbated by the compression? I would expect lower-res images to disguise CA or make it less noticeable - being hidden/lost within the lower definition.

2) Is this 'as bad as it would ever get' for this camera OR are there conditions where it might be even more of an issue?

3) Is this just an early prototype/QC tolerance issue?

Again, I am not attempting to flame here - just pointing out an issue that I think deserves further testing when the time comes.

Thanks,
Dave.

Dave - Broader Pictures
Dave Elston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 06:53 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom View Post
Sorry if this was posted here before but I didn't see it and I thought some of you might be interested in seeing this Sony Promo for the EX.

Don
Here you go! http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=103909 ;-)
Ivan Snoeckx is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds