EX + Non-Intel mac = ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 17th, 2007, 08:48 PM   #1
Regular Crew

EX + Non-Intel mac = ?

Is Sony going to support the use of non-Intel macs with the EX? I really hope they will because my editing system is a G5. What do you guys think?

Richard V. Clark
Old November 18th, 2007, 05:14 AM   #2
Major Player

I think you will be able to edit, but not use the free viewer software, but I´m not sure.
This is the reason I had to pass on my pre-ordered EX1 as the editor and director on the documentary Im working are both on G5´s and they wouldn´t have been able to just watch rushes directly on their laptops as I had planned.
It´s a shame, but hopefully they will upgrade the software soon.
I couldn´t take the chance though
Joachim Hoge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 11:52 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I have a macbook pro for the field, so rushes shouldn't be a problem. At this point I don't want to spend 2500 on a mac pro, when I know an update will happen in the next 2 months.
Old November 18th, 2007, 12:34 PM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Clark View Post
Is Sony going to support the use of non-Intel macs with the EX? I really hope they will because my editing system is a G5. What do you guys think?

Richard V. Clark
This issue is being raised by at least one Sony division to Japan. I gave some input on this as well.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 05:33 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Clark View Post
I have a macbook pro for the field, so rushes shouldn't be a problem. At this point I don't want to spend 2500 on a mac pro, when I know an update will happen in the next 2 months.
Is the update on the MacBook Pro? - I'm working toward getting a final cut system and that would be the base of it.

Thanks,
John
John Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 01:21 AM   #6
Major Player

According to rumors, there will be a major upgrade in the Macbook Pro-s next year - with solid state solution replacing hard drives.
Old November 19th, 2007, 01:28 AM   #7
Major Player

Sorry, forgot to add the link:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...orld_expo.html

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds