It has arrived! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 21st, 2007, 02:00 AM   #31
Trustee

Paul,

When and from whom did you get your ex1 from? I need to chase my supplier!

Cheers,

Phil
Old November 21st, 2007, 12:29 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Seeman View Post
Didn't work. The files are .mp4 pointed to here
http://www.bolanski.com/ex/home/ex1-test-shots/
Clip Browser creates the BPAV and can play the files but nothing I do allows the Xfer plugin to access them to import into FCP 6.0.2. Any folder I add containing the BPAV shows as 0 clips.
I can give you an original clip from our cameras with all meta data and correct structure if you like. What format do you want? (I don't have time to give you all kinds)

/Andy
Andreas Johansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 12:51 PM   #33
Trustee

Andreas,
Please shoot a short clip aiming at a white wall with the aperture wide open and slowy go from wide to full zoom. If you like, you can downsize it.
A lot of us are wondering if there are other EX1 cams that have the vignetting issue.
One new user has it showing in the top left corner starting at 10mm and through to 25mm.
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 01:34 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Thomas View Post
Andreas,
Please shoot a short clip aiming at a white wall with the aperture wide open and slowy go from wide to full zoom. If you like, you can downsize it.
A lot of us are wondering if there are other EX1 cams that have the vignetting issue.
One new user has it showing in the top left corner starting at 10mm and through to 25mm.
I'll put it in my todo list. When I have time I'll try to get you a clip.
Old November 21st, 2007, 01:44 PM   #35
Trustee

Thanks Andreas!
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 02:10 PM   #36
Inner Circle

Ahh, I thought the .MP4 were the original clips. On Mac, I have Sony EX Clip Browser, XDCAM transfer software 2.1, FCP 6.0.2, I'd think the original clips should import. Apparently other Mac/FCP users with apparently all the right software in place, can't import anything that's been uploaded here (AFAIK).

ClipBrowser certainly works and on Import to it I get BPAV but can't get transfer software to see the clips.

If the .MP4 are not the original clips, all I'd need are the original clips in whatever from the copy from the card to your hard drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Johansson View Post
I can give you an original clip from our cameras with all meta data and correct structure if you like. What format do you want? (I don't have time to give you all kinds)

/Andy
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 02:12 PM   #37
Regular Crew

Quote:
all I'd need are the original clips in whatever from the copy from the card to your hard drive.
I'd like that too. that would be great.

vince
Vince Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 02:59 PM   #38
Regular Crew

Quote:
Ahh, I thought the .MP4 were the original clips. If the .MP4 are not the original clips, all I'd need are the original clips in whatever from the copy from the card to your hard drive.
They are originals but on the cards there is more meta information files and each clip has its own folder. So I can give you a folder with the files and keep its original structure if that is a must. If I have time that is...
Old November 21st, 2007, 03:19 PM   #39
Major Player

This might be a stupid question but are your really supposed to go inte every folder, find the MP4-file, and add it manually in the clip browser? This would take forever after a day of filming? Or is there a way to import all the clips from a card with the stroke of a button?
Ola Christoffersson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 04:58 PM   #40
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola Christoffersson View Post
This might be a stupid question but are your really supposed to go inte every folder, find the MP4-file, and add it manually in the clip browser? This would take forever after a day of filming? Or is there a way to import all the clips from a card with the stroke of a button?
The Clip Browser works like this. You browse for a source that contains the folder BPAV folder. That's card A There is a BPAV on the card B also. (EDIT I said the B card had a folder named BPBV but that was wrong.)

So when using USB there will be two removable disks one for Card A and one for Card B and the folders on them.

You don't have to browse inside the cards and if you copy/paste the folder from a card to a hard drive then just browse to that drive in the Clip Browser Software.

There is also an option inside the Clip Browser Software to merge two folders into one so I guess you can build an archive from all your cards onto a hard drive, haven't tried that yet.

I will put a zipped file on my server tomorrow when I have time to, since there are some files on the cards that I don't have here at the moment.

/Andreas

Last edited by Andreas Johansson; November 22nd, 2007 at 09:57 AM.
Andreas Johansson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds